Product Reviews > Kayaks > Eddyline > Caribbean 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Caribbean 12 Kayak by Eddyline

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

11-19-2014
Submitted by: MikeSend Email

Good solid construction and good looks. A stable dry ride, more so than many. Seat drain works well and no backwash from the scuppers. Seat squeak is a thing of the past and older boats can be retrofitted with an insert.

You get what you pay for. As a past reviewer said, there are cheaper boats out there, but what you are paying for is lighter weight. Eddyline's Carbonlite 2000 can be 20 lbs lighter than a roto boat at 12'. It might not be any faster, but it take a lot less energy to push it through the water. You'll still be paddling when your buddy paddling a roto poops out. It's also a lot tougher when it come to oyster bars.

08-12-2013

Although very pricey this boat is very nice. It tracks well and has good glide when up to speed. It's best attribute is its stability which is excellent. The stock seat is very squeaky against the abs shell which I found extremely annoying creating a loud creaking with every paddle stroke. Maybe some rubber pads under the seat would alleviate this? The side carry handles made from carbon paddles are nice.

Although the boat is great I simply don't think it merits its $1400 MSRP as it doesn't outperform my OK and Hobie poly yaks which are less than half the price of this boat. Take $400 off the MSRP and fix the squeaking seat issue and I think you would have a winner.

07-26-2013

I bought the Eddyline Caribbean 12 at the 2012 East Coast Paddlesports & Outdoor Festival. I wanted a kayak more suited to fishing than my Wilderness Tsunami, and also one that I could easily handle solo for launching and for loading onto my vehicle.

The 12 foot Caribbean was perfect for my needs. At 45 lbs, it easily beat out the most popular fishing kayaks that weigh in at 65 lbs and more. I can heft the Caribbean with one hand, if necessary. My Caribbean has two built-in rod holders, and side tracks for mounting other accessories.

On the water, I can easily stand up and throw my bait cast net in the shallows, before paddling out to my target sites. My soft cooler stows in the front, under the watertight hatch. I can secure my pfd and milk crate in the rear section, using the built-in deck cords. The watertight bucket, just forward of the seat, is great for stowing my wallet, keys, and camera. It's also handy for keeping those favorite lures for quick changes. When not on the water, my 7-foot rods store inside the hull under the secure hatch covers.

The Caribbean paddles great, provides a stable platform for fishing, and it's pretty to boot!