Product Reviews > Kayaks > Fluid Kayaks > Do It Now Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Do It Now Kayak by Fluid Kayaks

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Do It Now Kayak by Fluid Kayaks

Length: 8' 10" - Width: 30.75" - Starting at: $690.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Fluid Kayaks Logo

08-25-2014
Submitted by: Pam SullivanSend Email

I LOVE this boat! Just bought the medium and it is so much fun. Used to paddle a canoe (Ocoee)for many years until my knees gave out. Started using our Torrent which we kept for beginners. I'm 5'7, 125# and the boat is a pig. Stable through rapids but no fun. Just got me out there with the gang. Then I saw the smaller version of the Do It Now on sale and it is AWESOME! Cute, playful and it MOVES. Like my canoe but more stable. Easily does class 3 rapids which is my limit. Has a roomy dry hatch and all these handles, useful to get back on the boat and carry. I needed to get a backband but my friends didn't. Did I tell you our posse of ladies bought 7 boats? You have to order from Fluid, based out of S. Africa, but service was amazing. We all got out boats in one week, free shipping (they have a local manufacturer).

07-14-2013

I had a Do It Now when I became interested in whitewater paddling, and before I learned to roll. It's a great boat for class II with some class III downriver runs. It would probably surf with the right standing wave, and the right paddler, but, I never made that combo. The DIN paddles in a straight line better than some whitewater boats of similar length, yet still spins around easily with not much of a paddle stroke. I found getting back on board after a spill to be quick and easy, with handles apparently positioned for that purpose.

It has thigh straps, which are important to handling in whitewater. This also allowed some other paddlers to roll my boat, when they were trying it out of curiosity. The sitting position is very good, encouraging upright or slightly forward posture. There's no provision for a backband or seat, but, I never missed either item. In fact, the only potential comfort issue was that my outside ankle area touched the footbrace railing. I thought this would bother me, but, I rarely noticed it. The foot braces themselves are oversized, and very comfortable.

There's a large screw hatch that allows access to the inside hull, where you can stash extra water, sun screen, lunch, etc. Of course, you have to keep all this stuff from getting loose and out of reach. I tied a piece of rope around one of the scupper tubes under the seat, and clipped a drybag or mesh bag to the rope. The hatch on my boat was not water tight, due to imperfect installation. It never bothered me enough to re-install the hatch properly. I've seen the boat a few times since selling it. The hull is showing some mild oil-canning. It can't get too bad, due to the structure of the scupper tubes. But, I can see potential, depending on use/abuse, for wear to occur around the scupper holes possibly leading to leaks.