Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Aspire 105 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Aspire 105 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Rated: 8.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Aspire 105 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Length: 10' 6" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $739.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Wilderness Systems Logo

07-03-2014
Submitted by: Dave Heyboer

Being no youngster by any stretch; my first consideration for my new kayak was comfort and ease. This boat has a good sized cockpit opening for ease of entry and exit and this is one of the high points but not the most important.

The most important feature of the purchase was to be the seat. I am an avid cyclist and do not like having a sore butt if at all possible! (Imagine that!) The seat is highly adjustable and was in my opinion one of the best available as original equipment of the boat. I have used the boat 8 times since purchasing it about two months ago and the seat has performed to my satisfaction.

The foot-rests are adjustable from the seated position so as one wants to change as to the conditions this may be accomplished with reasonable ease! There is a drop-down skeg which is very helpful when used.

The hatch closure was another positive to me although a little disappointing in performance. The cover is hinged with two lever locks and I find this more user friendly than the “stretch” style. My disappointment is in the fact that this compartment is by no means dry! I always find water in the rear compartment at the end of my trip. This is not a huge problem, but is somewhat annoying.

Some manufactures supply a small dry container with a screw lid and I feel that would be a great added feature especially for electronic key fobs and cell phone protection. Since the boat did not come with one of these I decided to look for a good mounting spot to add one and found the boat does not have a good place to add it, although with a little change in dash board design this could be an easy option.

The boat does not come with any drains and I have added a small unit near the left rear of the cockpit. This works by rolling the boat up to the side and will allow water to flow out. A drain would be nice in the bow area as some manufactures have done.

The boat is a little heavy but I find it to be tolerable and appears to be well made.

Overall I am happy with the boat and would suggest the Aspire 105 to anybody that is looking for the similar features that I was looking for!

07-02-2014
Submitted by: PJNSend Email

Purchased my first Wilderness Aspire 105 with skeg last year. Awesome! It is very stable and with the skeg down, tracks very straight. When I am in shallow waters, it is so easy for me to reach to my right and pull up the skeg. The waterproof compartment in the back is perfect for all of my necessities (I even have a portable seat in there). Plenty of room in the front for my legs and behind the seat. It has adjustable foot rests also. Oh and the totally adjustable seat (the backrest and the seat adjusts up and down, and the back adjust front to back) is great! I love the kayak so much that I purchased a second one for company.

07-26-2013
Submitted by: paddyoracerSend Email

Great beginner kayak, loads of room in cockpit and front bow area, {floatation in front also} Nice medium size rear watertight {so far} storage area, use a few smaller dry bags to fit around skeg system. Dash board holds gear {water bottle, gloves, phone, small sponge} securely.

A little wide but very stable, I sometimes hit sides when paddling {I must pay attention}. Center ribs hold feet on rests very nicely. Being wide makes it slow done when resting, which can be done with feet on deck very easily. Seat is best I have every tried/seen, no wet sore rear, water drains right out. No side paddle holder. Rotomolded and very sturdy/thick. Very nice handles.

05-17-2013
Submitted by: CKSend Email

You want a Kayak for the Family this is the one, what an amazing boat. Bought this Kayak after a test paddle day, had the whole family there, my wife, 5'2" 110lbs, My Son 4'10" 98lbs, my daughter 3'2" 42lbs, and myself 6'2" 250lbs, and we can all fit in it. The fourth generation seat has all the bells and whistle in it you could want with out an air ride seat. Everything about this Kayak is moveable. Such a well rounded Kayak.

The only downside I have found so far is there is no bow bulk head to it. Other then that it does have the normal bungee-cords which you can always use with a dry bag. List price was $699.00,

Honestly, one of the best well-rounded Kayaks on the market.

Rendezvous River Sports