Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception Sport > Pescador 10.0 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pescador 10.0 Kayak by Perception Sport

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

09-14-2013
Submitted by: JACSend Email

Love it for what it is... an entry level, great recreational kayak. You won't win any races with it but you will have lots of fun, great yak for fishing and it will probably last a long, long time. I found the seat to be more than adequate in terms of comfort and it tracks very well for a short boat. My only problem is that I bought it for myself and now the hubby wants to use it all the time...

08-12-2013
Submitted by: aeSend Email

Has a comfortable seat with adjustable back support, two dry seal "hatch" covers, four handles, drain plug, recessed storage area with bungee, rod holder, molded foot rests, cup holder,has an elastic band w/clip to secure your paddle and ample eyelets to secure stuff. A very stable kayak that is excellent for lake and sound fishing.

08-05-2013
Submitted by: MKSend Email

This is an inexpensive kayak that I think is a great place to start if you are getting into kayak fishing and have a short to medium build (and budget). I am 5'7" and 140 lbs. and have used this kayak on rivers, rapids, calm water, saltwater bays and open surf. I think it is a great all around kayak for people who need to haul fishing equipment but maybe not need tons of space.

As far as bang for your buck I think this is an excellent choice for a fishing kayak. The seat is comfortable and it is made of high quality material. It's not as fast as a 12' or longer kayak but that also makes it easier for loading and unloading as well as storage. Some people don't like molded footing areas but I actually prefer them as you can stretch your legs back and forth easily without reaching down to adjust foot pegs.

Please remember, a lot of what is good about a kayak comes from personal preference so please try one out whenever possible before making a decision.

07-27-2013

I have had my Pescador 10 for about a year now. This is a very stable boat and I do not think you can flip it sitting down. This is my go to summer boat of the two that I own. It is stable enough to have your child paddle with you. One note is that it would not be my go to boat in early spring or late fall due to the fact that if you don't plug the scupper holes you will get wet.

All in all, I do love this kayak. It is a very solid boat.

05-08-2013

I'm really a fan of the Perception Sport kayaks. I have 2 of the Pescador 10s, 2 Rambler 9.5s, and a Perception Search. I've replaced 2 Hobie kayaks with the Pescadors and like them much better. They seem to be made well and are good quality for the price. Our vacation guests say they really enjoy using these kayaks and I've taken it out several times for test cruising and snorkeling. Its easier to handle than the larger Search.

This kayak has a lot of features found on more expensive yaks and is comfortable and stable for being 10' long, 29" wide. It has the Perception Comfort Seating System, like on my more expensive Search; 2 hatches, and a deep well with bungees. It also has 4 nice carrier handles (not molded ones) and a paddle keeper bungee. At around 50 lbs., I can't lift it up alone to put back on its deck rack, but I can slide it into the water and pull it back out again easily.

I'd highly recommend this kayak, especially if you can buy it for around $450. The reason I didn't give it a 10 instead of a 9 is because the hatches go all the way through the hull and anything placed in them can't be grabbed out quickly. The hatches are not convenient and I most likely will never use them unless I buy some hatch bags.

New York Kayak Co.: