Product Reviews > Accessories > Swift Paddles' Wind Swift paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Swift Paddles' Wind Swift paddle

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

05-16-2008

I have been using Windswift paddles for the past 11 years. I have and use other paddles, but always pick up the Windswift for any paddles over 20 miles and most other times too. My current version is a 1 piece 210cm graphite. Very light and efficient. I find the Windswift to be the most versatile paddle. I can use it at high or low angles. Plenty of power to drive forward and brace in the soup. I have done 35 mile crossings with my my Windswifts and have bashed them against coral. They have held up fine. A friend of mine still uses the Windswift I gave him and it is 11 years old.

11-15-2006

My paddle of choice is the "Wind Swift".We often paddle in windy and stormy conditions. After trying a friends wind on a stormy day I rushed and bought one. I've used it on multi-day trips in a fully loaded boat and found it exceeded my expectations as well as those paddling with me. If you want a paddle thats easy on the body but preforms well, this may be the paddle you are looking for.

12-23-2004

WindSwift. WOW... Splurged for an early birthday/Christmas gift to self and am going to re-splurge and get another. AWESOME!

05-03-2004

Wind. Fantastic. Had it for a year now, it been in creeks, streams, Lake Ontario when it's not so pretty, and off the coast of Maine in trying weather. I've swapped out with other kayakers to give their paddles a whirl and am always glad to have ol' Red back. Now if they added a slight bent shaft to this design... hmmmmm. The only time I have ever wanted another blade is on some faster flowing creeks. There it's just a simple matter of power per stroke, so more area would be nice. Looks like I need a Mid Swift!

07-26-2001
Submitted by: TaraSend Email

I love my Wind Swift paddle. It's light, strong, and very comfortable to paddle with. Love the designer fabrics as well! I haven't noticed any flutter, and I really like the feel of the graphite shaft.

12-31-1999
Submitted by: willoSend Email

I've got a Swift WindSwift and its a great paddle - light and strong. (I even slammed a car door on it once and it stayed perfectly intact.) It feathers well for both left and right handers (my wife's Werner only feathers for righties). Not everyone may like the extremely low profile - but the difference is noticable in even a light wind. It cost more than I thought I'd spend on a paddle (about $210), but I glad to know that this will be my paddle for years and years.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: