Product Reviews > Canoes > Navarro Canoe Co. > Loon 17 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Loon 17 Canoe by Navarro Canoe Co.

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Length: 17' 0" - Width: 35.0" - Starting at: $2700.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Navarro Canoe Co. Logo

08-31-2013
Submitted by: Bob HolmesSend Email

My 12 year old kevlar Loon is used in the eastern Sierra lakes of California. Family of 4 and dog, stabilizers and trolling motor, it is a fishing machine! It still looks beautiful and last weekend a National Park Ranger asked if I would sell it to him!

07-12-2002

I bought this canoe about a year ago. The first impression of this canoe is that it is really beautiful. I like the wood ribs and the workmanship. The shallow v bottom provides good primary and secondary stability. I can stand in my canoe to fish all the time. This canoe is really fast. I think it can outrun most of the canoes and sit-on-tops.

The only thing I don't like is the weight. It is kind of difficult for one person to transport it. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this canoe.

07-15-2000
Submitted by: Mark MillerSend Email

Great boat by great craftsmen!! The boat I have had out when the flatbottom johns have come in wimpering. It tracks like an arrow, and is forgiving in chop and wind. Fairly dry ride even in the roughest conditions. The looks you get when you pull up to put in are the "look at the nice yuppie boat" the remarks you get when you come in?? "Wow you were cooking INTO the wind. We thought you'd swamp for sure". Smile nod load and leave. At 65lbs (FG) it's a classic!!

09-22-1999

I purchased a Loon 17 at the beginning of 1999. I have had this canoe on quiet lakes, 30 MPH winds and just about everything in between. I couldn't be more satisfied. I was on the water when other canoes were afraid to venture out due to the wave heights. I had no problem and the others on shore were envious. It is well made and very pleasing to look at. I get a lot of attention when arriving on lakes. It tracks well and is easy to paddle either tandem or solo.

09-01-1999
Submitted by: Phil GoldbergSend Email

I have owned a Loon for about 5 years. It has kept us dry in fairly high waves on large lakes. Recently I have been using it in a little faster river water. It tracks great and is easy to paddle up river against current. Also it is quite controlable to paddle solo with my pointer Spencer in the bow section.

06-14-1999

I am looking for other reviews as I have just purchased one. I have had it out in several lakes and one time I was in 40 MPH winds and the canoe handled great. In calm waters, it takes very little effort to get it moving and the tracking is great. Highly recommended.