Product Reviews > Kayaks > KL Industries > Sundolphin Aruba 8 SS Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sundolphin Aruba 8 SS Kayak by KL Industries

Rated: 8.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

10-11-2013
Submitted by: RJT

I LOVE my Aruba! I've been able to keep it stably balanced in the wake of large boats (waves as high as my bow). I'd give it a ten if it had foot rests and a spray shield.

06-19-2013

I wanted to try kayaking but didn't know where to start. I found this Aruba kayak at Walmart on clearance. Loved the price, the weight and the length, it also came with a free paddle (since replaced). I'm a 50ish year old woman, so the weight is important. I've since purchased 2 other kayaks of different brands and when given the choice, I prefer this one. I use it on a very calm lake so I don't know how this would do on a river or a lake with high boat traffic.

I rated this an 8 out of 10 because I did have to put in foot pegs (very easy) and I will get a padded seat eventually. It would have been nice to have both of these already installed.

04-18-2013
Submitted by: trischSend Email

I bought one of these at Dunham's last year- Love it! I own 3 high-end yaks, but this was similar to what I rented when starting out. Pretty perfect for the price - most importantly EXTREMELY light. Plus, the price equals about 2 days rental fees. Save your dough,buy this and spend it on the best paddle you can afford.

04-14-2013

Great for lakes and calm rivers and streams. They are affordable enough for a family of 4, hold 270 lbs. easily and have lots of leg room and a cushioned seat. They could be more stable but they could also cost $300 like most other kayaks. Good value for a starter kayak.

08-29-2012

After always having to use my friends Old Town Otter to wander up and down the upper Wisconsin river I bought KL Industries Sun Dolphin Aruba 8 SS from Dunham Sports here in Wausau for $139, I love its feel on the water and its handling, I was so amazed by the Aruba 8 SS and the price that I bought a second for my nephew as he wants to get into kayaking, I couldn't think of a better starter kayak.