Product Reviews > Kayaks > KL Industries > Sundolphin Aruba 8 SS Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sundolphin Aruba 8 SS Kayak by KL Industries

Rated: 7.86/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

05-28-2014
Submitted by: emg

Good price and stable enough once in the seat. Plenty short enough to fit in my mini SUV, saving buying 100'$ of dollar$ of roof adapters/carriers. Quite speedy apparently given the low-wetted surface area. Quite directionally stable with a real keel.

05-21-2014
Submitted by: northlakesmichigander

I bought four of these for my family. I gave it a generous 3 stars based solely on price, weight and the fact that it floats. Otherwise, I pretty much hate it. I have never tipped but probably only because I am very careful as it feels very unstable. The seat is extremely uncomfortable... your butt WILL hurt! The sides seem high making paddling uncomfortable, there is enough leg room to straighten legs but is so narrow that your ankles are turned and you will definitely not be kicking back with your legs on top unless you want to capsize.

I can only recommend this for a young child playing around in calm waters or maybe for messing around at a summer cottage. If you are looking to spend an entire day on the water, especially in strong current, spring for the extra hundred bucks or so for a real kayak. The only reason I am not even more disappointed is that I paid 99.00 for it. I'll be upgrading next month.

10-11-2013
Submitted by: RJT

I LOVE my Aruba! I've been able to keep it stably balanced in the wake of large boats (waves as high as my bow). I'd give it a ten if it had foot rests and a spray shield.

06-19-2013

I wanted to try kayaking but didn't know where to start. I found this Aruba kayak at Walmart on clearance. Loved the price, the weight and the length, it also came with a free paddle (since replaced). I'm a 50ish year old woman, so the weight is important. I've since purchased 2 other kayaks of different brands and when given the choice, I prefer this one. I use it on a very calm lake so I don't know how this would do on a river or a lake with high boat traffic.

I rated this an 8 out of 10 because I did have to put in foot pegs (very easy) and I will get a padded seat eventually. It would have been nice to have both of these already installed.

04-18-2013
Submitted by: trischSend Email

I bought one of these at Dunham's last year- Love it! I own 3 high-end yaks, but this was similar to what I rented when starting out. Pretty perfect for the price - most importantly EXTREMELY light. Plus, the price equals about 2 days rental fees. Save your dough,buy this and spend it on the best paddle you can afford.

04-14-2013

Great for lakes and calm rivers and streams. They are affordable enough for a family of 4, hold 270 lbs. easily and have lots of leg room and a cushioned seat. They could be more stable but they could also cost $300 like most other kayaks. Good value for a starter kayak.

08-29-2012

After always having to use my friends Old Town Otter to wander up and down the upper Wisconsin river I bought KL Industries Sun Dolphin Aruba 8 SS from Dunham Sports here in Wausau for $139, I love its feel on the water and its handling, I was so amazed by the Aruba 8 SS and the price that I bought a second for my nephew as he wants to get into kayaking, I couldn't think of a better starter kayak.