Product Reviews > Kayaks > Ocean Kayak > Trident 11 Angler Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Trident 11 Angler Kayak by Ocean Kayak

08-06-2013
Submitted by: MKSend Email

This is my go to kayak. I fish 75% of the time and paddle 25% of the time and feel like this kayak is built for just that ratio. It tracks well although slightly not as well as a Tarpon 120. However, what it lacks in tracking to the Tarpon it makes up for in storage space, fishing options, loading and unloading and storage.

It is light for its size at about 11 1/2 feet long and has massive storage for rods and soft sided coolers inside of the kayak. Loading this kayak on and off of my car was much easier than other brands of near the same length due to it being lighter. Another surprise advantage I discovered was how easy it is for me to stand and fish in; something I wasn't easily able to do in the Tarpon 120.

One disadvantage is that when it's loaded down with equipment my butt will get wet if I don't have scupper plugs. However, scupper plugs are a very easy and cheap fix. The seat seems to be more rudimentary than other brands but is surprisingly comfortable anyway. Another feature that I like about this kayak is the adjustable, comfortable foot pegs. They have a bigger more ergonomic design which is really nice.

For my height and size of 5'7" and 140 pounds and my fishing to paddling ratio I would highly recommend this kayak or the Tarpon 120.

08-24-2012

This is an excellent angling kayak. I should give it a 10, but I give it a 9 because it is a little on the slow side. It is extremely stable and you can stand up on it without a problem. The speed issue isn't terrible, but explained b/c it is 30.5 in wide and the widest of the Trident series of kayaks.

It holds plenty of gear. It tracks very straight without a rudder. It has a built in transducer scupper, battery bag, large dry front hatch, you can store 3-5 7ft rod and reels in the hull. It has the mod pod which has measuring boards, small storage trays, removable multi-position rod holders and it lifts off to give access to the hull. It has built in rod holders on the hull. It features multiple bungee cords to store gear in the rear in 2 separate wells. It also has a large adjustable seat with backrest. Makes all day fishing a breeze.

Kayak Covers of Charleston: