Product Reviews > Kayaks > Chesapeake Light Craft > Chesapeake LT 16 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Chesapeake LT 16 Kayak by Chesapeake Light Craft

Chesapeake LT 16 Kayak by Chesapeake Light Craft

Length: 15' 8" - Width: 23.00" - Starting at: $975.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Chesapeake Light Craft Logo

10-03-2012

Follow-Up to my August 2012 review:
The 16LT is done, varnished and in the water. This kayak was the perfect choice for me, 5'5" 125lbs. This is a stitchNglue, Okoume marine plywood kit. Includes everything (fittings, epoxy, fiberglass and full instruction manual and companion DVD.) The only things I had to buy were the random orbital sander, sanding discs & paper, a plane and stain & varnish. Got it finished in time for the Fox-Heritage (Wisconsin) paddle Sept. 29. The LT tracks well, offers great stability and is lightweight and FAST! If I had more space, I'd build another!

08-22-2012

A long time sailor, if I had known what fun kayaking was, I'd gotten into it sooner! That said, I'd been having fun with my Ocean kayak sit-on, great for recreational paddling and service work (shoreline cleanup). I longed to move to a larger boat and one that had a bit more speed. I opted for a 'stitchNglue' kit from CLC.

This review is only for the building part, as I am just finishing with the varnish. The kit came with everything except hand tools. The pieces were perfectly cut and the kit came with great instructions and a companion DVD. The greatest asset was the customer care that I received from CLC. Any question I had (via email) about a step in the building process was quickly and completely answered the same day or early the next. Made the process go a lot faster. After 3 coats of varnish, the kayak is gorgeous. All I need to do is install the seat and we're ready for the water test.

BassYaks: