Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception Sport > Pescador 13.0 Angler Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pescador 13.0 Angler Kayak by Perception Sport

07-29-2014
Submitted by: jamesSend Email

When I decided to buy a fishing Kayak I did a lot of research on different brands, models, and price ranges. Since this was to be my first Kayak I didn't want to spend too much on it because I wasn't sure how much I would actually like it once I tried it. I wanted a sit on top model since it would be used primarily for fishing.

After much looking I settled on the Perception Sport Pescador 13.0 sit on top model because of its features and reasonable price. Mine is a blended red and orange color. This Kayak has two molded in flush mount rod holders behind the seat. It also has one in front of the seat, which makes it easy when changing baits or moving to another honey hole. It is also equipped with a bungee strap on each side for holding your paddle securely while fishing; they can also be used for holding fishing rods.

The seat is very comfortable. It has an adjustable back rest so you can lean back or sit up straight, depending on your preference. I spent four hours on the water without any backache because of the sitting position. There is a small dry storage compartment in front of the seat that's ideal for holding keys, wallets, and other necessities. Also, in front of the seat you will find a very conveniently placed bungee strap for holding a tackle box or small cooler in place. There is also a molded in drink holder and a console for mounting accessories. This Kayak has 6 scupper holes for drainage including two under the seat for keeping your back side dry.

A great feature of this Kayak is the adjustable foot rests. They adjust in small increments, which makes it easy to find the most comfortable setting for your leg length, which I have found to be very important for hours of comfort.

Another thing I like about this Kayak is the abundant storage space. There is a large dry storage area in the front of the molded body that should hold almost everything needed for an extended outing.
There is a large molded in recessed area behind the seat that's perfect for a backpack, cooler, tackle, or other gear which comes equipped with a bungee strapping system to hold everything in place, just in case.
There is also a small (about 4x8 inches) mesh accessory bag mounted on the inside about the thigh area with Velcro closures. These are great for holding baits, small tackle boxes or snacks.
On each end of the Kayak there is a T handle attached to a bungee cord for easy moving. There are also handles on each side for two person carrying.
There is also a place for mounting a rudder to the back of the Kayak

My Kayak empty weighs in at around 70 pounds, still light enough for one person to manage. I use a wheeled Kayak dolly which makes moving it around a breeze.

I would highly recommend this Kayak.
The only thing I would change about this Kayak would be the rod holder placement behind the seat. They would be a little more accessible if they were moved forward and to the outside just a little.

The Pescador glides across the water almost effortlessly and the tracking is great. It's very easy to maintain a straight course and maneuver into those out of the way spots where the lunkers are hiding.

06-28-2012
Submitted by: SPTSend Email

After much research including the Elie Gulf, Tarpon 120, Ocean Kayak Angler and others, I got this 13 foot version of the Pescador about a month ago at Gander Mountain. It included two flush mount rod holders, two small net gear bags mounted by my thighs (about 6x9 inch), Scotty rod holder in console, anchor kit and CSS Seated mounted. It's basically ready to go from the store! Mine is "sand" color although I wish I could have gotten a brighter color. Not the best price but I still got a great fishing platform for the money. My pal has a 2012 Tarpon 120 which looks almost identical except for the hatches. Like others have said, I believe its built in the same basic mold...

I have had it out twice, once in Galveston, once at Conroe and couldn't be happier. I added an anchor trolley and two decent backpack type handles bow & stern. At 60 lbs the supplied bungee type tee handles stink.

I love the boat... fast stable... great layout for fishing, 6 scuppers keep me fairly dry. Two under the seat are well thought out! There is even a molded & bungeed spot for a large fly box / worm box behind the seat...