Product Reviews > Kayaks > Delta Kayaks > Delta 14.5 Expedition Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Delta 14.5 Expedition Kayak by Delta Kayaks

Delta 14.5 Expedition Kayak by Delta Kayaks

Length: ' " - Starting at: $
See More Details about this Kayak
Delta Kayaks Logo

04-02-2014

I chose the Expedition, while my wife chose the Sport. The fit just seemed to work better that way.

This boat is extremely stable, without compromising speed. We have taken them on numerous winding river paddles, as well as a few off shore trips.

The only minor complaint that I have, is that the hatch covers are a pain to put on and off. You pretty much have to have 3 hands to do it.

I would definitely buy this boat again, although I wish I had gotten yellow, instead of blue (my wife chose the red). I read somewhere afterward that blue is hard for rescuers to spot from the air.

06-20-2012
Submitted by: H.L. AlexanderSend Email

I bought my Fourteen 5 Expedition in 2007 as a novice kayaker. I love my boat! I am 5'10" 240 lbs so I am a bigger guy (55 years old). This is plenty of boat for me. The hatches are super dry, scuffs and marks rub right out with a mild abrasive, seat cushions are coming apart at the edges a bit but some fresh adhesive will fix that up, and it has seen extensive use so no complaints there.

I am considering moving up to the Eighteen 5 because I am getting into longer excursions and the extra storage will be handy (want to spend a month in Newfoundland next year!) Have had offers to look at other boats, trades offered etc. I have found a winner in Delta Kayaks and I am sticking with them.

My boat was one of the early production models and the initial (black) side supports did not withstand the stress from straps on my roof mounts or my kayak cart. Got replacements and adhesive from Delta through my dealer, but the following year they had failed as well so I contacted Delta directly. They quickly sent me redesigned brackets/supports and I installed those. Have had no problem since.

Great boat, great customer support, I love Delta kayaks.... can't wait to paddle my next one! See you all on the water!