Product Reviews > Accessories > Bending Branches Sunburst 14 canoe paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Bending Branches Sunburst 14 canoe paddle

Bending Branches Logo
See Products from Bending Branches in the Buyers' Guide!
Bending Branches in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Bent Shaft Canoe Paddles
  • Solo Canoe Paddles

01-07-2014
Submitted by: David DouglasSend Email

I'll bet that I'm not alone in believing what great paddles Bending Branches designs. I have two of their beautifully made Sunbursts and I could not be more pleased. These particular paddles are feather light at 15 to 17 oz. . Not to mention how beautiful they are.

I just can't believe how such a thin piece of wood can be so unbelievably strong. I loaned one of mine to a foolish (but like able) friend. He's no lightweight and a bit clubby, I thought I might have a heart-attack when I noticed that he had laid the Sunburst down on the grass and was unknowingly standing right on the middle of the blade. He and I carefully looked at the blade and there were no cracks not the slightest damage.

I have contacted Bending Branches with minor questions from time to time and their customer Service representatives could not have been more kind and helpful. Even had their customer service lead answer the phone once and Margaret was just super.

They do repair work and I've had them even replace a blade. The cost was unbelievably minimal I would have spent more to have repaired it Myself. The paddle was returned and I could absolutely not tell it from new.

You just can't go wrong with bending Branches. You won't be sorry.

05-29-2012

I found the paddle I wanted to try on a web site: The BB Espresso 14. When I got to my local shop they were all out of them so when I picked up the Sunburst 14 degree bent shaft paddle; I instantly fell in love with the weight of the paddle. I never used a paddle this light or this expensive. Now that I had it out on the water I will never use another cheap or strait shaft paddle on flat water. I'll save the cheap ones for the river. When I gave it to my son to try, he seemed to have more power and less spray on the end of his strokes.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: