Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Tribute 10.0 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tribute 10.0 Kayak by Perception

Tribute 10.0 Kayak by Perception

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 26.00" - Starting at: $675.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Perception Logo

03-01-2015
Submitted by: JESend Email

Have been paddling several years (canoes, flatwater kayaks). I bought this kayak as an extra because of low weight (36 lbs), relatively narrow width for 10' kayak (26"), medium-sized cockpit (39.5 x 22), and has stern bulkhead w/hatch. A bonus was that it fits inside my minivan if I wish to do that. Fairly low profile.

On first trial it felt relatively unstable & I wasn't happy about not being able to have my legs in several positions - am 5'4", 160 lbs. - but second time I got more used to it. I then paddled several more times last summer and loved it. Easy to get in/out and I found I was able to bend one leg if I wanted. It seemed as fast as a couple of other slightly longer rec boats I have.

I used on small/med lakes, and a flatwater river. Best for day trips. Seat comfortable. I bought a Seals cockpit cover (size 2.5) and splash deck for it, which worked out great. If there were a bit of chop, water would have easily gotten into the boat because of shallow depth but the splash deck helped. I don't paddle in rough weather or real far from shore on large lakes - if so, would prefer a sprayskirt.

05-25-2012
Submitted by: CDSend Email

I recently purchased my first kayak and decided to go with the Tribute 10.0. Being a beginner, who is also female and smaller-framed, this kayak was perfect for me. It tracks great and at just 34 pounds it is easy enough for a smaller person to carry around. As a student, the smaller size of the kayak was a benefit for storage purposes, even though you do sacrifice speed on the water with a short kayak. Overall, love it, no complaints so far.

©2015 Paddling.net Inc.