Product Reviews > Accessories > Crack of Dawn Spider Angler Seat Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Crack of Dawn Spider Angler Seat

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Comfort - Seats, Pads, Backrests in the Buyers' Guide!
Comfort - Seats, Pads, Backrests
View Comfort - Seats, Pads, Backrests in Buyers' Guide

09-24-2012
Submitted by: PSSend Email

The Crack of Dawn Spider Angler seat is by far the most comfortable that I've ever used. I've always preferred high back seats, and this one is the tallest yet. The pads are thick and provide excellent support, yet soft enough to not create sore or hot spots. This seat also adjusts more quickly and easily than any I've ever used while first setting up or switching kayaks or out on the water. I can sit on it comfortably for several hours at a stretch without. The storage pouch and rod holders are about the right size and work well without being too bulky - important to me because I carry a tackle bag right behind the seat. Despite it's large size, this seat is very lightweight. Finally, this seat dries very quickly due to the material it is made out of. So in summary...
    Things I really like:
  • Thick comfortable padding
  • High backed seat
  • Quick easy adjusting
  • Functional behind-seat rod holders and pouch
  • Lightweight
  • Dries quickly
Things I don't like so much:
-Minor, but the drink holder behind the seat seems to be a weird size - a bit too large and loose fitting for standard water bottles, but too small for some brands of sports drink bottles.
-Also not a big deal, but I'm not yet used to the Velcro loop-style attachments for the rear of the seat. I will soon just add brass clips so I don't have to use the Velcro every time I put the seat on and take it off.

06-22-2012
Submitted by: GooniesKFA

If you want a recliner type seat for your kayak look no further. Padding in this seat is thick and comfortable. The rear straps are velcro and love the brass clips for the front straps. Easy to adjust straps, dries quick, great back support. Definitely the right seat to buy!

06-20-2012

Great seat at a low cost. Has all the attachments fir the back like the higher price seats at a lower cost. High back and a comfortable seat with great support. Would recommend to anyone.

05-25-2012
Submitted by: luv2fishnpaddleSend Email

Along with my purchase of a 2012 X Factor from Malibu Kayaks, I decided to try their new Spider Angler seat. I'm a big guy and if I'm fishing and sitting in a kayak for 6-8 hours a day, I want to be comfortable so I can enjoy the day. Well, the Spider Angler did the trick.

I've had other and more expensive seats in the past but this COD seat performed excellent while fishing and paddling. It has a high back with thick padding on both the seat and back. The gear holder which is attached on the back is great and also has an oversized pouch for keeping my water bottle close by and a center zipper pouch is perfect to hold a Pelican dry case with my phone, wallet and car keys safely inside. It also has two detachable rod holders for a net or fishing rods and several slip pouches to hold my pliers.

The initial adjustment of the seat was simple to make it fit my body. There are two brass clips that hook into the built in rings on the kayak that keep the front very secure. The back is held in place with an adjustable hook and closure. I would like to see COD use brass hooks on the rear as well but that's just my personal opinion.
Visit their website at: www.CODPaddlesports.com to see other accessories for rigging out your kayak.

New York Kayak Co.: