Product Reviews > Kayaks > Elie Paddlesports > Strait 140 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Strait 140 Kayak by Elie Paddlesports

Strait 140 Kayak by Elie Paddlesports

Length: 14' 0" - Width: 25.00" - Starting at: $949.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Elie Paddlesports Logo

06-17-2012

After having taken the boat on a 5 day trip down the San Juan River in Utah at 5800 cfs, i feel that i can now review this boat (previous trips were all on quiet water). With limited white water experience, i credit the boat with getting me through this unscathed. It is a great boat, incredible stable and boyant it rode the waves like a cork. It went sideways over submerged Rockridges und rightet itself in the current -incredible. Afterward the hull had some scratches, nothing serious.

Now the cons: the so called waterproof Hatches are a joke - even with extra marine gaskets and ducktape over the hinges i still had more than a quart of water in bow and a little less in the stern compartment every eve. Previous reviewer is right Pelikans custumer service is non existing, if you call you get a receptionist telling you to call the Dealer where you bougth the Boat.

05-09-2012
Submitted by: Michael LeuriniSend Email

I bought the Strait 140 for me and the Strait 120 for my wife. My wife and I have kayaked before but are novices. Balance only took 10-15 minutes to get used to.

They are fast, stable, durable, good quality and easy to maneuver. I have been out at least 20 times already all around the NC Sound area. Long/short distances are a piece of cake. I have kayaked in calm to rough water. I just got a spray skirt and would recommend one for the rougher stuff. There is plenty of room in the bow and stern storage compartment which also has water tight bulkheads for added protection for your gear. I would water proof everything anyway.

All in all, we love our new Kayaks and would recommend them to anyone.

Space Trailers :