Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Rogue 10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Rogue 10 Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Rated: 9.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Rogue 10 Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 27.50" - Starting at: $899.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

09-28-2014

I used my friend's Rogue on a lake paddle on a mild day. The seat is reasonably comfortable and the back band provides adequate support. With the skeg down the boat tracks fine with a small amount of concentration on flat water,but with the skeg up keeping the boat straight takes a considerable amount of work. I can tell with the large volume bow this boat is intended more for moving water which is what my friend enjoys. I'm more of a flatwater kinda guy. The maneuverability in swift water is an obvious advantage and the boat would become much more fun. I could easily see it working well in class 2 or 3 rapids. If I ever use it I will have to re-evaluate it, but for flat water it would make for a tiring day.

07-05-2014
Submitted by: jlSend Email

I bought my Rogue 10 last year. I've done some overnight trips and a trip down Cumberland river KY. I've flipped it a couple times and the dry hatch never leaked. The skeg works great just drop it down on flat water and the boat paddles straight and moves along at a pretty good pace. I would recommend this boat to any wanting to do two or three night trips but still want a boat to handle rough water. Oh and the seat us very comfortable wouldn't trade my Rouge for anything love it

04-24-2013

I bought a Jackson Rogue 10 last year. It is truly a great boat. Handles great, tracks true (the drop down skeg is great for flat water). The dry hatch stays DRY. If you do get water in the boat draining the water out is so easy. The way Jackson designed the drain holes around the lip of the cockpit is ingenious. Flip the boat over and it ALL the water comes out. I've been on 14 mile flat water river trips as well as class 2 rapids. Hope to get on some class 3 after I learn to role. The seating is so comfortable. The Sweet Cheeks cushion and adjustable back strap are well thought out and easy to use.

I would highly recommend the Jackson Rogue to anyone who wants the ease of a recreational boat and the ability of a white water boat. I'm 65 and I love it!!

04-18-2013
Submitted by: R. C. EverettSend Email

Very well built kayak, well thought out and nice quality, fun to paddle, the skeg keeps it pointed in the right direction, it really likes moving rivers but is fine with lakes, you won't be the fastest one on the lake but if you just want to play in the open water and dink around its fine. Watch out for small pebbles jamming the skeg if you get it close to the bottom. But this is probably common with any kayak with a skeg.

05-09-2012

If you're looking for that all purpose boat, Look no farther.
The Rogue 10 is what i feel is my first REAL kayak. I also own a Future Beach Fusion 124, fishing kayak, sold a future beach fusion 10 (cockpit was so big it might as well have been a sit-on-top) And a Perception Sport Rhythm 11 {read my review}

The Rogue has it all. Drop the skeg and track your line. put it up and spin it on a dime. Learned how to roll with this boat in just 3 classes. Best of all, this boat was designed with REAL whitewater capability! I haven't had the time to put any real miles on this one yet, but I can spend 6+ hours rowing and rolling the Rogue on the lake and never feel exhausted.
If you only want 1 boat, buy a Rogue. Enough said.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports