Product Reviews > Accessories > Sierra Designs Zia-3 Tent Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sierra Designs Zia-3 Tent

Research Camping Gear in the Buyers' Guide!

04-13-2012

My review of the Sierra Designs Zia-3 tent (previously called Zeta-3):
I purchased this tent a month or two before my Green River trip with the intent that I'd have enough room for myself, and enough room to get all my gear inside and out of the weather. Worked beautifully in that regard.

The tent is very comfortable and dry and performed exceptionally in a significant rainstorm that occurred in the middle of my trip. It rained heavily for about 8-10hrs and the inside of the tent was dry as a bone. It's well ventilated as well so the humidity was easily purged once the rain stopped and on warmer nights it remains comfortable and not at all stuffy.

The tent features two doors and two vestibules so entry & exit are easy at night without disturbing your tent-mate. One vestibule is much larger than the other which allows for ample room for keeping boots or packs out of the weather and out of the tent as well. There is more than enough room in the larger vestibule to cook if need be in heavy weather, though for obvious reasons this is discouraged by Sierra Designs. There is plenty of room and ventilation though in my opinion. I'd do it if the weather conditions demanded it.

To read more, please visit: