Product Reviews > Kayaks > Elie Paddlesports > Strait 120 XE Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Strait 120 XE Kayak by Elie Paddlesports

Strait 120 XE Kayak by Elie Paddlesports

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 25.50" - Starting at: $999.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Elie Paddlesports Logo

09-24-2012
Submitted by: JeremySend Email

I really like my Elie 120xe. I have found it quite fast and easily maneuverable. I've done well in some fast currents and big waves. There's enough room for a day trip, but 2 feet more is big deal for camping.

Some of its detriments: the hull scratches easily--the plastic is too soft--not quite as hard as some of the rotomolded kayaks I've felt. I feel it's very tough, just a bit easier to gouge than other polyetheline versions.
The decals are poorly made, but the company will send you new ones for free.

Overall, great bang for my buck. And a great boat to buy if before you invest in an expensive one.

04-02-2012

Bought based on listing in a kayak magazine. After 4 day trips, one against strong winds, I'm totally in love with this boat. Tracks well, fast for its short length, comfortable, smooth rudder which deploys and retracts well. Seat could adjust a bit better (become more upright) but short straps prevent that. Otherwise would have given it a 10.