Product Reviews > Accessories > Portage Pal T-1000 boat trailer Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Portage Pal T-1000 boat trailer

Rated: 9.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Portage Pal Logo
See Products from Portage Pal in the Buyers' Guide!
Portage Pal in the Buyers' Guide:
  • 1 Canoe/Kayak Trailer
  • 2-3 Canoe/Kayak Trailer

05-27-2013
Submitted by: bill walkerSend Email

Actually we bought the T 2000 you received this trailer via UPS and it was on time. as anyone knows when you buy something that needs to be put together parts usually missing things don't line up you know the drill. Well not with this trailer me and my daughter who is 11 unpacked the trailer and headed together and a little under two hours all the hardware was there everything lined up I couldn't be happier with the outcome they make a very good trailer and will be buying another one in the near future

04-01-2013
Submitted by: StanSend Email

The PortagePal T-1000 arrived quickly and was easy to assemble using the manufacturer's clear instructions. All materials appeared to be of good quality, and the trailer is a good value for the price. I found it easy to adapt the trailer to accommodate the dimensions of my Hobie Tandem Island. On the road the T-1000 trailed well, and the suspension system absorbed all but the biggest bumps in the road fairly well.

This company has provided helpful and prompt responses to each of my customer service inquiries. For example, I encountered an unexpected problem when I tried to install Fulton bearing protectors, which proved to incompatible with the trailer's wheel hubs (note: buy bearing protectors directly from PortagePal to avoid this problem). John Morrison of PortagePal quickly responded to my email request for help and went above and beyond by sending me a free set of appropriate bearing protectors, even though I had not purchased the incompatible ones from him. He even threw in a set of tie-down straps as a goodwill gesture. I'm happy with the company and its product.

07-18-2012

Really enjoying use of the trailer and my now busy canoe. The entire experience from buying the trailer thru assembly to using the trailer has been great. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for an easy way to transport your canoe. Super product...super company

04-04-2012

I bought this trailer last year and it was shipped the same day. Assembly was a breeze and overall a good solid trailer. The price is right too, compared to all the other brands. Customer service was outstanding when I called with a question on assembly. I would recommend this trailer anyone wanting a basic canoe and kayak trailer.

03-31-2012
Submitted by: Eddie EstochenSend Email

Though quoted as a single kayak trailer, this rugged 300 pound capacity trailer can easily accommodate two sit-on-top kayaks, in both capacity and space, with soft spacers placed between the two. Assembly is easy, and the trailer serves as perfect storage for the kayaks while waiting for the next adventure.

While I've not had the trailer long or submerged it often, the convenience ground level proximity for transport and set-up makes this item superior to any roof rack or truck bed method.