Product Reviews > Kayaks > Crescent Kayak > Splash I Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Splash I Kayak by Crescent Kayak

Rated: 8.57/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

08-16-2013
Submitted by: JBSend Email

My husband has a Crescent Splash 1 and loves it. It paddles well and he had added a couple fishing pole holders. He also has a life time tandem fisher which is awesome for fishing but too slow for exploring. The Splash is dual purpose which is awesome :)

06-17-2013
Submitted by:

Outstanding boat. Need to have an anchor cleat installed just ahead of the sitting area and slightly larger loops where the cargo straps are. Great boat and I really boast it to all my friends.

02-08-2013
Submitted by: Glenn

The owner James did a fantastic job of making sure we received exactly what we needed. We love our 2 Splash kayaks! This is a trustworthy company that I highly recommend.

01-27-2013
Submitted by: LELSend Email

Wife and I recently obtained two Splash I Fisherman models, and we love them. It was the first kayak we ever paddled and were impressed with stability, comfort, and ease of paddling. It is obvious a lot of thought was put into the design and with the scupper plugs we ride high and dry. We are looking forward to spending a lot of time paddling around.

07-20-2012
Submitted by: barrellSend Email

I have been paddling and selling kayaks for 25 years. I have paddled the Crescant single many times in open salt water. Yes the well floods but that's standard in small sot'S. I'm 200 pounds and 6-1 and the cockpit is bone dry and I have extra legroom. The kayak is very fast and tracks straight it even side wind. The glide is impressive. It will go 40 yards after you stop paddling before coming to a full stop. Hulls are very thick and wont wear through for many years. A nice kayak that deserves a 9 rating when you consider its price. I had heard the hull was designed by a former member of the US Olympic kayaking team.

02-29-2012
Submitted by: garySend Email

I personally own 4 Splash I for my guide service. Here is the run down:
Splash I is a smaller yak; well thought out.
I weight 260 and sit in it comfortably. I do use scupper plugs and I carry $500 worth of fishing gear on average for my fishing trips and its been safe so far.

04-25-2011

bought splash1 model sot, took it for a ride, turns out it is the worst piece of junk. I paid 400.00, couldn't get a refund. The kayak takes water through the rear scupper hole, called the company, and was told I needed scupper inserts, bought 3 to plug the scupper holes, but still, water was washing over the top of the kayak. I weigh 150#s, and it is rated at 275, yet the kayak kept on flooding, and have to constantly use a cup to bail it out.

Do not buy that kayak, as it is poorly designed. the only good thing about it, is that it is made real well, heavy duty, but not well designed, I think, Cresent company needs to do a major redesign if they plant to continue marketing their kayaks. I have tried to add floats and outriggers, but they just cant float it , and the ride is way too wet and dangerous.
Spend your money on any other well known brand or just buy a used kayak that has an established name, and avoid my big mistake.