Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Day Tripper 12 Elite Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Day Tripper 12 Elite Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Day Tripper 12 Elite Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: ' " - Starting at: $
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

05-26-2012

I purchased my new Daytripper about a month ago. Been a few times since the purchase and must say its like being in a SUV. Very easy to paddle, tons of room, and can be packed full for long trips. The Day Tray is awesome and really makes fishing easier as I can keep the lures and plastics I use most right in front but if I need to can slide the tray out of my way. Fantastic design with the tray feature. The Elite seat is one of the most comfortable seats from any company and easily is removed to use at your campsite or where ever your paddling at.

I'm a big guy a 5'11" and 250lbs; it easily handles my weight and all my fishing supplies. Can carry up to 500lbs total so it its like having a truck and luxury SUV all in one. I use it mainly on lakes but I also take it to the river fishing as well and its been excellent for me. I can stand as well to fish from it.

It's a different looking kayak. If you're looking for one kayak kinda does a little of everything I think this hybrid kayak is a good choice to try out. Very easy to paddle overall.

03-28-2012

UPDATE: March 2012
I have had the boat out a couple of times and I am extremely pleased. It worked great with my Golden Retriever. It is VERY stable. He did a few 360 turns and even leaned on one side of the boat for a while and I never felt out of control. It was easy for him to get in and out. I won't break any speed records, but I didn't buy it for that purpose. I am taking the boat into the BWCA in June, anxious to see how it does. Overall, I am very pleased!

If you are looking to paddle with a lot of gear, dog, or child (or even adult)... the Jackson Day Tripper 12 is a great option and is very flexible.

01-24-2012

I bought the Jackson Day Tripper 12 Elite in order to do some rec paddling with my 75lb. Golden Retriever. I looked for many months before deciding on the Day Tripper. I have not had it in the water just yet (Spring can't come soon enough), but my rating is just on intitial quality and feel of sitting it in it.

The Elite seat is simply amazing. I currently have it in my living room so that my dog can get used to sitting in it. I can easily watch an entire movie, perfectly comfortable. The quality and attention to detail is what I find amazing. The Jackson company in general really seem to do things in an honorable way. I emailed them asking a few questions, and received a direct response from Eric Jackson, there are few companies that take the time to do that.

I will update when I get it in the water, but there is PLENTY of room for me (5'10", 210lbs.) and my Golden. Still enough room for a few packs and a cooler, which I think think is the coolest thing about this boat, the functionality of canoe, but the advantages of a kayak.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

Pelican Intl.: