Product Reviews > Accessories > Sea Kayak with Gordon Brown DVD, Volume 2 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sea Kayak with Gordon Brown DVD, Volume 2

Note: This DVD is available for purchase in the Paddling.net Store!

Research Books, Videos, & More in the Buyers' Guide!

03-25-2013

I love this video, absolutely love it. The skills are clearly explained and well demonstrated, and the setting is fantastic. First they demonstrate and explain the skill in calm conditions, then they go over it again in rough conditions.

This video has noticeably contributed to a real improvement in my skills, and has improved the way I teach skills to my students.

I was going to give it only a 9 out of 10 because I now have a burning desire to visit the Scottish islands of St. Kilda. It should have come with travel vouchers to Scotland. (Just kidding). In the end, I decided not to fault Gordon Brown for that major oversight.

01-12-2012
Submitted by: Glenn ColtmanSend Email

Similar style to Volume 1, with a mix of coaching and trip shots, with a focus on Rescues & Towing. The trip footage of St. Kilda (40 miles off the coast of northern Scotland) really is exceptional on its own, but it is the intermediate coaching sessions that increase the overall value of the DVD for me.

To me, it is a perfect blend, showing real applicable skills in the settings they will be needed for. Gordon adds a lot of wonderful tow line modifications that one can easily make themselves, adding to their overall paddling toolkit. One of the better instructional/coaching dvd's that I have seen, and will certainly use it in my personal coaching sessions.