Product Reviews > Kayaks > Hobie Cat Company > Quest 11 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Quest 11 Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Quest 11 Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Length: 11' 1" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $1029.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Hobie Cat Company Logo

08-05-2013

Great kayak that cuts through the water with good speed and has great glide. No hull slap like I had with my Ocean Kayak. Very stable. I can even stand in it and paddle paddleboard style. I especially love the adjustable rotating foot supports.

It's a well made good looking and performing kayak with great features. I have a bad back and would like the seat to be a little higher in the back for more support. Other than that it's near perfect for a recreational sit on top.

06-25-2012
Submitted by: BEL

This kayak is not made for cutting through the water. It's made for kayaking on top of the water. It is very light, the stability isn't amazing but with practice kayaking it gets a lot easier to handle this kayak. It is very light and easy to transport. The color choice is amazing from Hobie. I got the Carribean Blue and it is beautiful out on the water. 9/10 times I would get this over another kayak.

04-30-2012
Submitted by: C FehrenbacherSend Email

This is a great little boat. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida near Pensacola. I have taken this boat out in windy, calm, choppy, and heavy current type conditions and it shines every time. I've had it out when the waves are taller than the bow and it just cuts right through them. Typical hull slap and somewhat lethargic handling, but considerably better than many kayaks of similar design. Decent primary and excellent secondary stability for a SOT. I am able to stand-up-paddle on calm days and go perpendicular to the sets on windy days without fear of tipping. With regard to my statement about handling, it is actually quite maneuverable for a SOT. I weave in and out of pillars under docks and through rocks all the time. I have yet to purchase a rudder but it is a good idea if you plan on being in the bay for long. The seat is comfortable for a long time. and the storage is plentiful. My dog loves the huge flat storage area behind the seat. We've been out for up to 5 hours at a time so far and plan on making some longer trips soon. With good technique, this boat makes for an EXCELLENT all around kayak. I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs a do-it-all single seater that is at home in both creeks and clam to small craft ocean conditions.

03-06-2012

After years of searching for a perfect blend for a fishing kayak I have finally found it. The Quest 11 is 11'1" in length and 29.5 wide and weighs in at 47#. The polyethylene hull is tough. After scraping over numerous oyster bars and bumping into barnacle encrusted pilings the hull has only superficial scratches. The only other plastic hulled boat I have paddled that is as tough is a Prijon.

Being used to paddling much longer yaks I was a little concerned about the shorter length. The 11 actually tracks straighter than the Quest 13 due to the fact that the center rib in the hull is deeper than the rest and tapers back to a keel in the stern. On the 13 the bottom is fairly flat. Tracking is good, even when power stroking the nose only deflects about 2" side to side. It is well behaved even in a combination of 15mph+ winds and heavy tidal currents. The stability is awesome, you would have to forcibly try to flip this yak to get it to go over. At the same time it has good glide for such a short yak and the manuverability is very good. The yak is very dry for a SOT, the seat stays dry and even in heavy chop the bow deflects the water away, the only water you get in the yak is from wind spray or paddle drip. The supplied scupper plugs do a great job and the yak can be paddled without them in with a slight amount of water in the footwells concentrated at the scuppers. I have yet to find any water inside the hull. You can move around in this yak with no thought or concerns the stability is so great.

The layout of the yak is awesome for fishing. The mesh side pockets will hold more bagged baits than you will ever need. I carry a small double sided tackle box in the center console that is held in place by the attached bungie. Right in front of the seat is a 8.5" watertight hatch that has a supplied covered bucket that is handy for anything that you want to keep dry. There is a similar hatch in the stern. The sternwell has plenty of room and the bungie system that covers it is very easy to detach and use. The gas pedal style footbraces are very comfy and easy to adjust. The built in rod holders are in a good location and the stern bungie can be hooked over the reel handles to hold them in place.

The yak is easy to load up at only 47 pounds. The only negative I can find is the stock seat loses its cushioning at 3-4 hours, I threw in my gel pad and it is good for all day. There is a supplied Hobie paddle but it has a good amount of flex in the blades, so you will want a better one of your choice, a 230cm works great.

Overall a well thought out yak that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

01-02-2012
Submitted by: Bailey LeopardSend Email

The first day out on the water ended up being very windy and the kayak didn't perform as well as I thought it would. I ended up getting a rudder afterwards and now it is a lot easier to paddle in windy conditions. The Quest is usually a very light and easy to paddle kayak. It fits mostly to smaller people like me. I would recommend not using the Hobie paddle. A Werner paddle does great instead. I love the Caribbean blue color. This is a great kayak and if you have the chance to try it I would highly recommend for you to do that.

Rendezvous River Sports