Product Reviews > Kayaks > Valhalla Surf Ski Products > Victory Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Victory Kayak by Valhalla Surf Ski Products

Rated: 9.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

09-13-2010
Submitted by: peteSend Email

I have a Valhalla Victory Special (VS) surfski. Initially, I purchased this ski to use as a stable trainer for both flatwater and the open ocean. I now find it doubles nicely as a racing ski for long distance events because of its stability. Recently, the VS helped me complete the Colorado River 100 (16 hrs 30 min). The VS comes in hand laid fiberglass so it trades some weight for economy. But you won't find a higher quality ski (USA made) for the price. Chinese made skis are cheaper, but personally I choose not to entrust my life with their quality control.

01-19-2008
Submitted by: keithSend Email

I have been racing Valhalla surf skis from the start, winning the 20 mile bay to Bay race in San Diego 3 times. The record is 2 hr 24 min on a Valhalla Victory Spec. My time for that race was 2hr 27 min for 2nd. Philippe Boccara did 2hr 24min and 20sec the following year for 2nd best time for the 20 mile in the worst of conditions.

Valhalla skis are comfortable to paddle which allows more effort to be applied to your paddling I've gotten rides of up to 2.5 min on waves, so surfing is easy too during the So Cal SS Champs.

By the way, I also design and build the Valhalla Surf Skis. My best speed on a wave is between 16 and 17 MPH riding close to 1/4 mile in jetty at Mission Bay

02-27-2006
Submitted by: WFSend Email

I just purchased a brand new Valhalla Viking Special Surfski hand built by Keith Keilor. This is my fist ski and Im loving it. MUCH faster than OC1's or Kayaks. Quite unstable for the 1st few times but now Im out in the ocean having a blast and catching the swells.

08-22-2000
Submitted by: SamSend Email

Valhalla Viking fiberglass fast stable exellent all around surf ski.

05-10-1999
Submitted by: Bill HokerSend Email

Racing surfski. Low to mid 30's lbs. Moderate rocker. Good in flat water as well as fairly rough ocean conditions. Stability and versatility are strong points of this boat. Over stern swing up rudder may come out of water on larger swells. Footwells 2.5- 3 inches lower than seat for more agressive position.

Portage Pal: