Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Wavehopper (UK) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Wavehopper (UK) Kayak by Perception

01-23-2013
Submitted by: fredSend Email

I totally agree; Wavehopper is still the best of its category. I've opened some rivers cl V with it (Sesia Alpin Sprint, Salto di Piode, Marmore run on Nera River, Sermenza gorges, Mastallone, Doron de Bozel high run...). My preferred kayak !

10-28-2011
Submitted by: TuckerSend Email

I love my Wavehopper. It's basically a more forgiving plastic wild water boat. I use it for whitewater attainment workouts once a week all year long; it makes fitness training a blast. It's the best combination of speed and durability of any boat made and it will last a lifetime. I used to have a glass boat, but I kept cracking it on rocks. The balance takes some getting used to, but once you get a few hours on the water it's very comfortable. It's much easier to balance and control then a real glass wild water boat (but not as fast either).

I tried a Pyranha Speeder, but it was not very maneuverable in whitewater. I have about six whitewater kayaks and my Wavehopper is probably the only one that I will never eventually get rid of. The only down side is that they are impossible to get a hold of in the U.S., you have to buy one in Europe and then ship it to the States or find one from the early 90's.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports