Product Reviews > Kayaks > Warren Light Craft > Little Wing 14 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Little Wing 14 Kayak by Warren Light Craft

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Little Wing 14 Kayak by Warren Light Craft

Length: 13' 11" - Width: 22.00" - Starting at: $4485.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Warren Light Craft Logo

10-27-2011
Submitted by: Troy CamphousSend Email

I've paddled my LW14 on swells and beach break in the Atlantic. It catches waves with ease and surfs well. From 1 to 3 feet, waves 4' and over can be challenging but ride able, a slight lean and paddle drag can easily maneuver the boat. Living in Michigan, I've paddled all the great lakes except "Ontario". Superior's frigid waters were swelling to 12' and the Little Wing's stability and glide kept me safe and dry! No close calls. Huron, Michigan and Erie have rapidly changing conditions. My Little Wing quarters waves with ease as well as pierces straight through the big ones. High winds and Lake Chop are easily navigated. The boat rolls well and has extra stability when wet entries are required.

I've paddled most of the high end kayaks and nothing comes close to the LW14. It outperformed boats 3 and 4' longer and was always more stable. The materials and construction are on par with the Aerospace Industry. When it comes down to it, quality is not expensive, it's priceless.
I'm Extremely Satisfied.

10-04-2011

I bought my Warren Light Craft Little Wing in 2007 and have probably paddled it on 150 separate occasions. Living in Albany, NY, I paddle primarily on the Hudson and Mohawk rivers and in some of the local lakes. The 14' size is ideal as it is easy to maneuver on the waterways where I usually go, yet has the performance of a sea kayak as I go on Lake Champlain whenever I can and have paddled at Cape Ann, as well as on the Long Island Sound. The Little Wing is fast, stable and is just a pretty boat. It unique design makes it a conversation piece, and it lightness makes others have kayak envy. It is very easy to carry and launch.

It is also very easy to do self-rescues in this boat, both because of the way the back end is designed and its stability. I regularly practice the cowboy and paddle float rescue (I know that Warren light craft maintains you do not need a paddle float, but I carry one anyway for that extra margin of safety).

It's also nice to think that you purchased something designed and made in America. All-in-all, I am very happy I bought the boat.