Product Reviews > Accessories > Sweetwater Water Filter Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sweetwater Water Filter

Rated: 4.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Water Purifiers & Filters in the Buyers' Guide!
Water Purifiers & Filters
View Water Purifiers & Filters in Buyers' Guide

08-15-2007

What previous reviewers have said is correct: this filter stops up very quickly. The Silt Stopper add-on is a must, but even that is over priced at $19.99 for just three replacement filters. I have heard of people using coffee filters over the intake to extend the life of the filters.

It also is hard to hold on to the water bottle and pump at the same time. I have lost my filtered water several times after the bottle tipped over when vigorously pumping. I will buy an MSR Miniworks for my next trip.

02-28-2003

This thing was such a piece of junk. In clean water it clogged about every 6 pumps. I'd take it apart run the cleaning brush through and 6 pumps later - clogged again. It took my forever to fill 1 nalgene bottle. That was the first trip I took it on, the second trip - the thing clogged after 4 pumps and no amount of cleaning would get the thing to work again. A-1 piece of junk.

08-04-2001

Initially I was impressed by the units ease in pumping. But after 2 trips and a brand new filter (which pumped only 7 gallons) my unit clogged and no amount of brushing would clear it. I'm sending it back to see about warranty repair or replacement. Thing is I don't trust it anymore for extended trips. Now I gotta carry a backup, besides an extra filter!

09-09-1999
Submitted by: Craig WymanSend Email

The price was right when I purchased my Sweetwater, but I find the handle cumbersome to setup for pumping and the hose has no good way to "tie it off" at the end. Also if you want more features you keep adding accessories to the intake line until you have an ugly and cumbersome group of add-ons. I have also found that cleaning the filter is a lot more difficult than competing brands on the market. All in all when push comes to shove the Sweetwater does filter the water just fine, and at a price that is hard to beat.