Product Reviews > Kayaks > Current Designs > Vision 120 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Vision 120 Kayak by Current Designs

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

10-24-2014

Got a Vision 120SP for my wife and she is very pleased with the boat. Build quality is excellent even though made in china, Excellent performing boat and light enough for her to launch and even car top by herself when needed. 32 lbs! gets a 9 because not made in USA but it would cost more if it was...

07-27-2013
Submitted by: Tammy ESend Email

I recently purchased a lightweight Current Designs 12.0 Vision kayak and so far I'm very happy with it. I can compare it to my previous boat being a Dagger Blackwater 10.5.

I was on the hunt for a short boat, light weight so I could lift it and with a average size cockpit. I am 5 ft 2 and 120 lbs so I feel like this boat is appropriate for me. I am not a hardcore paddler, more like weekend warrior. I was initially looking for another plastic boat but when Paddle Shack showed the CD Vision to me, I couldn't see myself in anything else.

I used the Dagger on rivers and small bodies of water. With my new CD Vision, I feel like I can explore much more. It moves fast and efficient through the water despite not having a rudder. The seat is adjustable and comfortable. I have yet to use the storage spaces that are available. I feel like this boat with meet my needs for a long time to come.

09-12-2011

After 2 years of use I am ready to give the smallest Vision my review. First off the weight of my Vision 120 is 35lbs., not the advertised 28 lbs. It still is light and easy to car top. The most surprising thing about the 120 is how well it tracks for such a short kayak. Speed too is surprising for a 12 footer.

The Vision 120 has quite impressive primary and secondary stability and handles rough conditions easily. My boat is very comfortable and the expansive cockpit makes getting in and out a breeze. Current Designs labels their Visions as "transitional" and I feel this is a fair statement.

There are supposed to be changes to the 2013 Vision models so you can now purchase the 120 new at deep discounts. I look at the Vision 120 as a great performing recreational boat that is light weight but over priced at full retail. At a reduced price like $1400 it becomes justifiable, especially since it is made of a composite material that is quite durable.