Product Reviews > Kayaks > Point 65 N > Tequila Solo Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tequila Solo Kayak by Point 65 N

Rated: 6.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Tequila Solo Kayak by Point 65 N

Length: 9' 8" - Width: 29.50" - Starting at: $699.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Point 65 N Logo

10-14-2013
Submitted by: jmrSend Email

We have bought a Tequila in June 2013. I have used it a a single as well as a double in protected bays but mostly in Chichester harbor, a tidal area. The tracking of the kayak leaves a lot to be desired. So I have made a fixed rudder or skeg for it. So now it runs straight and as it should, which make the paddling much more enjoyable again.

07-24-2013

The Tequila from Point 65 N is unique. It breaks down into pieces that can easily fit in the back of my small SUV. Each piece weighs around 20 lbs. Put two together for solo, three for tandem. the Tequila is a dry ride for SOT. Water quickly exits through scupper holes. No matter how fast I paddle, water is not forced up through the holes, so feet are never resting in water.

Convenience is the strength of this kayak. Performance is not. The Tequila doesn't track well. When I stop paddling to coast for a moment the boat takes a right turn.

I recommend this boat for those looking for a simple and flexible kayak for around a lake house, and casual flat water paddling.

09-10-2012
Submitted by: RL

Great modular kayak. Conversation piece when putting it together. Rode it in rolling waves of Monterey bay, hard to keep up with friend on ocean kayak prowler rental. Hard to keep straight when surfing rolling waves. Tracks better with middle/tandem piece. Store all 3 pieces standing up in the garage. 3 pieces fit in back of minivan with back row down or in Wrangler JK unlimited with one seat down (the wider one)

08-10-2011
Submitted by: LNSend Email

This solo, modular, take-apart kayak is a fabulous invention-- well-made, stable getting in and out, and for the first time ever, I can actually take off alone in my car carrying a kayak I can transport without the help of another person. For that reason, I love it. It fits neatly into the back of my 2011 Subaru Forester in 2 pieces.

There is one drawback-- it tracks poorly. You've got to handle it almost like a canoe, varying each stroke to accommodate its wayward bow, which is always wanting to duck this way or that. I should also mention, it does not handle big waves well (but that is not an issue for me in mountain lakes). You wouldn't want to take it out in the ocean, though.

If only they could help the tracking somehow! Maybe the shorter length of the boat (it JUST fits into my SUV) makes that impossible. But I love that now 3 people and 3 kayaks can be carried on/in my car. That's a first!

NRS: