Product Reviews > Accessories > Quantum Kayak Cart Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Quantum Kayak Cart

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

08-26-2011
Submitted by: pikabikeSend Email

Just a follow-up to my earlier review:
The black "scoop" holder does fit inside my 10" hatch openings. I put that in the front hatch compartment. The wheels, tiny axle, and fittings all go into my 7" day hatch opening. I stash them together inside a small/medium dry bag. Just make sure you securely keep the 2 cotter pins and 4 bushings; they are small and would be easy to drop or lose.

The cart worked well on a recent trip where I needed it to get to the water without driving, about a 15-minute haul on foot each way, each time. I may put in a very thin foam pad or shelf-liner to make softer contact between the "scoop" and the hull. But in stock form, it holds the kayak well (with straps).

07-25-2011
Submitted by: pikabikeSend Email

I bought this little cart after giving up on finding a heavy-duty cart suitable for soft surfaces AND small enough to fit inside my kayak hatches. The hard 7" wheels on the Quantum cart would not be good for soft surfaces. However, on pavement the cart worked better than I expected based on its very narrow wheeltrack and small wheels. Since it does not fold, the cart does not scissor and veer way off while pulling it, like my old Paddleboy unit does (not to mention biting my hand when I fold that one).

It can be easily disassembled without tools. I can put the wheels inside not only my 10" bow or stern hatch openings, but even inside my smaller day hatch, with room to spare.

I have not yet checked whether the plastic hull "scoop" holder will fit inside my hatches if detached from the rest of the cart (it won't go inside there with only the wheels removed). But if it does not, the assembly minus the wheels can go in front of my footpegs. Actually the entire cart fits in there but I'm not wild about putting something in there that could cause entrapment.

I await a reduced-size version of the very solid C-Tug to be produced (or something like it). In the meantime, this little device works surprisingly well on hard surfaces, and it packs down quite small.

Harken Hoister: