Product Reviews > Canoes > Coleman > Scanoe 14 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Scanoe 14 Canoe by Coleman

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-16-2014
Submitted by: scott clineSend Email

Overall I am very pleased with the canoe. Easy to maneuver around unexpected obstacles and in shallow areas it flexes allowing the canoe to continue moving without getting stuck. It does scratch easily so there's no way I can say if it'll last but as of now I'm extremely pleased with it. Well worth the money.

06-04-2012

As stated by another reviewer, about the only problem with this canoe is it is easily scratched/gouged, especially at launch. Other than that, this is an excellent canoe. I have outfitted mine with 54lb-force trolling motor, which moves it rather fast yet quiet.

Unlike other square stern canoes, this canoe's stern tapers like a traditional canoe, so it's still very easily paddled. It is rather heavy at about 85lbs, but it has decent capacity at 650lbs. Seats 3, and the seats are actually quite comfortable. No storage compartments in the seats, but they do offer drink/rod holders.

Probably the cheapest canoe available -- typically priced around $400, but frequently goes on sale for $350. I believe it's actually made by KL Industries and simply rebadged by Coleman. I haul it on a folding utility trailer from Harbor Freight, since it's simply too heavy for one person to load on a car roof. I do store mine hanging from the rafters in the garage, and it's not too difficult to muscle it up there.

Overall great canoe -- I've had a lot of fun rigging it out to be a really nice fishing canoe for me and my two adolescent sons.

07-08-2011
Submitted by: rvgSend Email

A very nice entry level canoe. It's a little heavy for one person at 84 lbs. but not unmanageable. I like it better than Colemans old Scanoe with the aluminum pipe reinforcement. The bottom scratches and gets gouged easily so I wonder about its longevity. A good deal when found on sale at $300.