Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Ibis Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ibis Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Ibis Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $799.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

04-02-2014
Submitted by: WoodySend Email

I have gotten the Jackson Ibis kayak. I tried one of these in a demo pool thing. Can't tell much there. I wanted a 12 or so ft. boat I could use in moving water I paddle in most. Doing day trips and camping. One of the things I was looking for was 50 lbs or less. Made of plastic. I have had only sit-on-top kayaks I have been using and they are heavy. Well I can not get over how much I like the weight of this boat. It is a little short to track straight I think but I can handle that. I have not played in current with it yet will come back with that when I can.

There are no bulkheads and I liked that to be able to get in more camping gear. I see now u need to put in float bags to be safe. U also need to keep a cover on it to keep out bugs, bees, and such and keep your floats in place while hauling. Something I liked about sit on tops. Not having to worry about all this - no spray skirt needed and such.

I guess what I need is a light SOT. I see more coming out just got to save up for one. I live in Louisiana so sit in are hot also. U can cool off with some water on u with SOT.

The Ibis is a nice stable light boat and it will do till I can do better.

09-18-2013
Submitted by:

I was so impressed with a borrowed Jackson Ibis that I bought one last Winter... great kayak. Wish I had gotten one sooner...

07-17-2013
Submitted by: KFSend Email

Several weeks ago my wife and I purchased a pair of Jackson Ibis Kayaks. One was a 2011 model and the other a 2012. They are slightly different. The 2012 has a sliding cup holder that fits under the seat rails and is conveniently located but not deep enough to securely hold a drink from tipping over except in the calmest water. The 2012 also has vertical hull stiffeners located midship. Quality appears good. The fore and aft as well as height adjustable "Elite" seat is functional and comfortable. And, being able to remove the seat and use it as a camp seat is an excellent added bonus.

The day hatch should be located in front or rather than behind the paddler. We have a friend who just bought a new Old Town Dirigo 120 and we both like the dashboard layout on that model.

My wife and I have some canoe experience but are novice kayak paddlers. The Ibis is easy to get in and out of and at 29" wide is very stable. Thus far all of our paddling has been lake and slow creek work. Our nearby lake is not well protected and is susceptible to prevalent south winds which will commonly reach a steady 20+ miles per hour. The Ibis is very stable in choppy water and in fact this past Sunday my wife and two friends were caught across the lake in a squall that kicked up some very rough water. While her friends Old Town Dirigo seem to glide better in calm water she beat them back to their side of the lake by 200 yards with no drama and took on very little water.

Only paddling issue is that the Ibis weathervanes noticeably. It also tracks better into a headwind than a tailwind. The drybag on the back deck is handy and we are anxious to try them out on some overnight excursions.

While not a long distance touring rig it is a great platform to explore from We are very happy with them and would buy another.

10-17-2012
Submitted by: MudmanSend Email

Had my last kayaking for this season at Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park in West-Central Pennsylvania... An older gentlemen let me try his Jackson Ibis... Super recreational kayak!

Looks great...paddles great....and the seat is comfortable enough for your living room. There seemed to be a lot of storage room behind the seat. This would be one fun and comfy boat.

07-05-2011
Submitted by: Bruce MonsonSend Email

This is an awesome Kayak! Very comfortable and stable, perfect length, and great with a fishing pole holder attached! A lot of thought went into this one.... great boat!

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

Bending Branches: