Product Reviews > Accessories > Klip-n-Go kayak carry strap Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Klip-n-Go kayak carry strap

Rated: 4.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

09-30-2011

I have Prijon Motion at 15 feet and 58 pounds. Strap does not work well with this boat. I can carry but is awkward and only useful for short distances. The pads do not stay in place and have torn. I think duct tape will be the answer. Wrap horizontal with an overlapping vertical strip may work. What I do find this useful for is helping to position boat to avoid damaging rudder when lifting to roof of car. Would probably work ok with the short light recreation boats or short whitewater boats.

06-16-2011

Manufacturers Reply:
I'm writing in response to the lady who was having difficulty using our klip-n-go kayak strap (review posted 6/7/11). We have noticed that for the smaller paddlers and heavier boats, it is easier for them to carry their kayak in front of them instead of at their side. This prevents the strap from digging into their shoulder by extending the cushioned pad more across the back, and from rubbing on their hip. It makes walking slightly less natural, but still prevents the bottom of the kayak from banging against their legs.

As far as the rubber pad goes, we did have a problem with our glue not being placed heavily enough on the edge of the rounded end of the clip, which is curved out at the end to allow for easier removal. Because we did not want to make the pads too thin, their stiffness can sometimes cause them to pull away from the tapered end. A little super glue on the rounded edge will take care of this, and the rest of the pad has no difficulty staying secure.

06-07-2011

This strap is only minimal in it's assistance to help me carry my kayak.
I own a Wilderness Systems Tsunami 135 and my husband has a Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145. My kayak is a little easier to handle at 46 lbs with this strap then my husband's larger kayak at 56 lbs.

The idea of the strap is to balance the kayak on your hip while you walk. I find this very painful as the very heavy kayak digs into my hip bone while at the same time the strap digs into my shoulder (I have bruises to prove it). It does help with fatigue in my arms, but that is all the help I've found so far. I am 5'5" and I find that I have had to shorten the strap all the way to attempt to get the kayak high enough on my hip to keep from hurting so much. In doing so there isn't much space to squeeze my body between the strap and the kayak.

The other problem I am having with the strap is the padding that is attached to the hooks that cup the cock pit rim. I cannot seem to get the padding to stick. Without the padding the metal hooks slip up and down as you carry the kayak making it that much more difficult.

If you don't want to buy a wheel cart or you have a very short boat that isn't as heavy maybe this strap is for you. For me? I'll be spending the money on a nice set of wheels.