Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Rock Star M Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Rock Star M Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Rock Star M Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: 6' 0" - Width: 26.00" - Starting at: $1199.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

05-23-2011
Submitted by: Dustin Wayman (mystarryeyes.co

I absolutely love many of the designs that Eric Jackson has come up with over the years. From working with Wave Sport Kayaks years back, and especially his new boats he has designed for his own company, Jackson Kayaks. This past month I have been given the pleasure to paddle, review, and learn to love the Jackson Kayaks Rock Star. I have been having a blast, and love this new generation of super short and high volume playboats.

Let's starts out with the basics. This boat is a looping MACHINE and will have a bit more volume than most of the little short playboats on the market today. During my first few paddles I felt like I was slipping out of the boat as it slung me around D-Hole in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Rock Star Small:

Volume: 67 Gallons
Weight: 33 pounds SL, 33 Pounds Elite
Target weight: 160-260
Max inseam/footsize: 36-13

For this review, I chose a Medium Jackson Rock Star furnished by the wonderful Peter Van De Carr of Backdoor Sports in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Design:
This boat was certainly a new design for me. As my last years of playboating were in late 2003 while paddling as a junior for the Riot Kayaks Pro Team. Back then we were still in boats that were over 78 feet long! Going to a 59″ boat had me thinking it would be impossible to have as much control as I eventually had. The Jackson Rock Star features a super flat bottom with two edges. the first being a sloped 45 degree edge to keep edges being caught on grinds, and the second being a super hard 90+ degree edge for extreme carving. I loved being able to grind down the wave face and not catch an edge, yet still have immense power to crank out powerful air blunts. The high volume around the cockpit looked like it would be just as stable cartwheeling as it was in real life. The high volume also looked that it would make aerial moves super big. Based on first impressions, the boat looked as slow as could be, but super fun!

Read the rest of my review at:
www.http://mystarryeyes.com/2011/review-jackson-kayaks-rock-star/

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!