Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Sport Caster 12.5 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sport Caster 12.5 Kayak by Perception

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

03-12-2012
Submitted by: SASSend Email

I just bought my first kayak. A Perception Sport Caster. The first thing I did was go to the hardware store and bought 1 1/4" expandable plugs for the drainage holes. If they are a little loose, wrap some electrical tape around them for a snug fit. Then crank them down to expand them. I've been out twice. So far so good. I hate getting my butt wet with water that's on the verge of freezing. February in Indiana is not ideal kayaking weather.

Bottom line, I like it. It is very stable. Very forgiving. For a beginner those are 2 very important things. I was on a river with a pretty good current and going upstream was surprisingly easy. I did it several times just messing around learning the kayak and how to paddle. I am looking forward to getting out more often. Keep in mind, though, with a sit-on-top kayak, you are not going to stay completely dry. Simply paddling will get a little water on your feet. But it is very easy to get in and out of. I'm 56 years old, 5'10" and 160 pounds. This works well for me. Might even do some fishing out of it this summer.

04-22-2011

Recently bought this yak, have been out in it 5-6 times. I like everything about it except for the very poor drainage, as there is only 2 scupper holes. Why o Why would they only have 2 holes in a yak??? I get wet & stay wet. Will buy some plugs very soon.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!