Product Reviews > Accessories > NRS HydroSkin Pants Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NRS HydroSkin Pants

NRS Logo
See Products from NRS in the Buyers' Guide!
NRS in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Hats
  • Women's Wetsuits

04-06-2011
Submitted by: Eric E. HaasSend Email

I've been using these for about two years. I only use them in the early spring or late fall, when it is pretty cold here in MI. As a surfskier, I am always sitting in a pool of water. When that water is really cold, that isn't so great.

The 0.5mm neoprene of this product adds warmth, so long as you aren't in the water too often or too long when the water (and/or air) is really cold. I've this thing many times in 32 degree water (and capsized), and been comfortable -- so long as you get up out of the water quickly -- easy for a surfski so long as the conditions aren't too bad.

I was delighted that this product was adequately long in length for me (am 6'2" tall). If this weren't adequately warm, the next step might be to wear a dry suit, or perhaps a semi-dry gore-tex paddling pants of some sort. I'm glad to have this as part of my kit.