Product Reviews > Accessories > Pelican Pursuit 10' Sit In Spray Skirt Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pelican Pursuit 10' Sit In Spray Skirt

Research Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in the Buyers' Guide!
Sprayskirts and Spray Decks
View Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in Buyers' Guide

02-16-2011
Submitted by: GooseSend Email

I bought the Pursuit 100 sit in spray skirt to help tackle some class 1 and 2 rapids at home in Arkansas. Though I do like the skirts material, and it's capabilities, I must say the intended application is flawed... The use of 1/4" bungee cord did not prove to be sufficient for even simple dry storage access..
  1. Although I did not pursue this method i have heard of folks applying a level of silicone to the under side of the cockpit lip to achieve a better grip. (paddlers wax can also be a quick fix)
  2. My modification was simple. I removed the lack luster 1/4" bungee, noticing that it had been intentionally crochet hooked to reveal some of the rubber cord to add grip. Instead, I suggest, as I have done, replace the 1/4", with 7/16" or 1/2" bungee, as these sizes provide a snug fit, while eliminating the need to crochet anything. A simple cinch knot on both ends takes the place of plastic clips for me.
    This larger bungee is available at local hardware stores by the foot