Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Apex 100 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Apex 100 Kayak by Pelican International

Rated: 9.14/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Apex 100 Kayak by Pelican International

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 30.00" - Starting at: $289.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Pelican International Logo

08-07-2013
Submitted by: MKwanSend Email

A great little relatively inexpensive recreational entry-level boat. Very stable and with good capacity for a boat of this size. As I have suspected even before I used it, tracking isn't good because of it's short length. I though a skeg might just make some significant improvement. So I modified a skeg originally for the Advanced Element Airfusion and attached it through the hole at the stern of the Apex with some modification and reinforcement of the hole, etc. Walla! Now this little boat tracks like my 15 footer! I love it.
Bottom line: a skeg of some sort will definitely help the tracking.

08-05-2013

I got the ten ft. Kayak for fathers day this past year from Dicks Sporting goods. The first time we went on the river I knew that this was a winner. Tracking is good and in a choppy sea it's better. They say that this is for the person less than 185 but I have friends that have used it and it was fine with over 250 plus man.

The kayak is easy to paddle and there room for lunch and drinks in the back as well. Best part about this kayak is the clean up a little soap and water and it's ready for the next trip I use this one when I am just running off for a quick paddle (I also have a 12 Woodduck) this keeps it simple. Try it and you'll see.

07-24-2013

Great beginner Kayak. Turns and handles, but tracking is not as great. Was the wife's first Kayak, and great for her to learn, but now passing it down to my 11 year old, who handles it quite well.

01-29-2013
Submitted by: PappySend Email

I enjoy this kayak each time I put it on the lake. It's a basic yak without the added options (easily added) and it is light enough to carry over your head or in one hand at your side. There are convenient molded-in carry handles on both sides and the kayak seems well balanced when you need to use them. There are carry handles on each end as well.

I like the built-in footrest over my other kayak's adjustable footrest rails. I enjoy being able to easily change leg & foot positions any time I need to get more comfortable. This is a dry kayak that tracks & glides well. It also turns on a dime with ease. I use a Werner Shuna 215cm paddle and have a fairly high angle stroke and this boat will flat get it done. Plus, I was able to buy it locally for under $300 at The Academy.

I bought this kayak because it was so different than my Heritage Angler 10' (which is awesome too). The Apex 100 is just sportier. I will be purchasing a 12-14' kayak as my third boat and I am glad that I will have the Apex 100 for our guests to enjoy on the lake. I recommend it.

08-02-2012

I just bought this boat for my 13year old and he loves it. We took a 7-mile trip down the river and he was all over it picking up trash and bottles. It handled like a dream. This was his 2nd time in a kayak, and first time in a sit on top. It's light enough he can carry it about 50 yds by himself. This boat tracks well, easy to maneuver, and fun to play with. I will recommend this boat to a friend

07-28-2011

Bought this canoe not really knowing what I was getting since i really don't know that much about canoes. I'm a big guy and probably come close to maxing out the weight limits and was worried, but I got it at a steal and figured if it didn't work out, I'd keep it around for my son when he was in town.

First of all, I shouldn't have been so worried. This is a VERY stable Kayak. When I got the Kayak, I first put it in my swimming pool so I could get a feel of the canoe, how far I can go before it rolls, etc. I was surprised, I almost had to intentionally tip the canoe over. It's very stable. Next to Rhodes Pond, same thing. The canoe is stable, tracks well (from my beginner standpoint anyway).

IMO, this canoe is an excellent starter canoe, for someone just getting into the sport, not wanting to sink a lot of dollars and is a real confidence builder for a newbie. I can see the day when I'll probably want another better performing kayak. But for a starter kayak, this little boat can't be beat.

02-02-2011
Submitted by: BillySend Email

This Kayaks is the best. It's light not bulky and it's easy to use.

Rendezvous River Sports