Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception Sport > Swiftwater 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Swiftwater 12 Kayak by Perception Sport

Rated: 8.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

07-12-2014

Great boat for the price and fast for a twelve footer. The inexpensive price means that it only comes with one bulkhead in the rear leaving it to the user to install float bags in the front. High initial and secondary stability make it pleasure to paddle but the tracking makes me want a rudder that the hull has no place to attach.

The Swiftwater 12 was a very good deal when it was being produced but lack features found in more expensive kayaks. It's a good beginner boat but will make you want a larger more expensive kayak.

05-30-2012

I had a Swiftwater 12 footer for over a year now. I'm 6ft and 200lbs. This yak is not for me size wise. It paddles easy and secondary stability is good. Plenty of storage. Just a a little too narrow for me. I have been letting my daughter use it. She's 5'5" 120lbs, this yak performs great for her. Anybody 5'9" and 170lbs will be happy with this yak.

12-03-2010
Submitted by: MikeSend Email

This was my first summer kayaking and have a Old Town Dirigo and the Swiftwater in our fleet. I Love the Swiftwater! Not as stable on the primary side as the old town but decent. The Swiftwater is very fast and good in the different conditions I have been in with it! Great kayak!

09-23-2010
Submitted by: MYSend Email

Once you get your secondary balance this kayak was a lot of fun. It's one of the fastest 12 footers we've tried. Ours came from MC Sports at a reduced late summer price and we are very pleased with it's lake performance.