Product Reviews > Accessories > Seals Extreme Tour Sprayskirt Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seals Extreme Tour Sprayskirt

Research Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in the Buyers' Guide!
Sprayskirts and Spray Decks
View Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in Buyers' Guide

08-19-2011

We recently purchased two Seal's Extreme Tour 1.7 skirts for our Current Design Storm kayaks. Our first voyage was a four day river trip passing through many class I and II rapids in northern Wisconsin. I do agree that these skirts are pretty warm for summer use, but the fit was absolutely perfect and our laps stayed completely dry as we pushed through a lot of standing waves. We will be using these again during spring run off and staying dry and warm will really be key to our happiness in the ice water. A great product with perfect fit and finish.

05-14-2011

It's of heavy duty build and seals adequately. However, I don't like the positioning/design of the front suspender hardware. Under a PFD adjusted for reasonable snugness, the two "knobs" become quite irritating with torso rotation. I bought the optional net bag. Within a dozen uses, the netting developed a tear with nothing sharper than a GPS or water bottle in the bag.

05-08-2011

This was given to me as a gift, so I will try to be nice. It is certainly not what I would have purchased for myself. It is VERY heavy- I lived near New Orleans when I got it, and it made my 'yak like a sauna. I am in Wisconsin now, and the warmth is nice, but it is just too heavy. I am 5 ft 8 and 145 pounds, so getting back into by boat in the middle of the Gulf or Lake Michigan is a pain in the arse. Once I wrestle it on, I can roll and it is watertight. I do not like the feeling of being trapped in a boat- this is too excessive for my likes. It has a neoprene waist, very little "give" and is more trouble than it's worth, really. I have borrowed a lighter skirt and was happier with it. I use it on a Necky Zoar Sport, which is a really dry boat anyway, and a Point65 Whisky that I bought an Ultra-Lite skirt for. Night and day difference! If you live in a warm climate like New Orleans and don't go out in super rough seas, I would get something lighter. Even up here in WI I would not buy this for myself.

09-18-2010

Fit: Well, this is one of the most important things to talk about. I mean, what's the point of having a super dry skirt if you can't put the stupid thing on? Well, have no fear my yakin' friends, this skirt goes on without a problem. By the way, the fit is uber tight when in place, i.e. minimal water intake during rolls, even practice rolls.

Heat: The neoprene isn't bad for the heat. I thought it would not work, but it does well.

Water intake: sure, you'll get a little water in while performing rolls, but overall, MINIMAL water!!!

Emergency release: grab the tab, pull, get the heck out. Done.

Durability: Jesus will come back and I will still have my skirt performing in GREAT condition. Kudos Seals engineers.

Overall: buy this beast. buy it buy it buy it.