Product Reviews > Accessories > NRS Clearwater PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NRS Clearwater PFD

NRS Logo
See Products from NRS in the Buyers' Guide!
NRS in the Buyers' Guide:
  • PFD's (Life Jackets)
  • Dog PFD
  • Women's PFDs
  • Kids PFD's

07-19-2013

I have been kayaking for a little over a year and my first kayaking PFD purchase was a NRS Clearwater. I tried several brands on before making my purchase, but I am glad I choose the Clearwater.

There are several things I like about this PFD. First is the comfort. I can wear this PFD for hours at a time without any issues. It has a comfortable mesh back and is extremely adjustable for a secure fit. Secondly, I like the outer material. The material dries quickly and the blue color looks very good in my opinion. Lastly, the PFD has two large pockets on the front for storing things such as snacks and paddling gloves. I am very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend this PFD.

08-24-2012
Submitted by: shnngnsSend Email

My husband and I both bought the charcoal color. As soon as they were delivered we tried them on and adjusted them. I was amazed at the comfort of this PFD as well as the quality. Both PFDs fit my husband and me like a glove. The adjustability of them is fantastic, and the ability to move freely while wearing it is priceless. I love how large both the front pockets are. And again, I love how comfortable this PFD is, this PFD doesn't ride up when you sit down, which is very important in my opinion.
I would recommend it to friends, and I would buy another in a heartbeat

07-30-2010

Being a bigger guy (6'3" 250) I was having a hard time finding a decent pfd that fit me well without being stuck half way up my torso. So I took a chance and ordered the NRS Clearwater sight unseen (45 something from departmentofgoods.com), and I must say I'm very pleased.
  • Good range of motion in the boat
  • Flotation is high on the back so as not to interfere with the seat back
  • This thing seems infinitely adjustable and I imagine you could cinch down the XXL to fit just about any adult in a pinch
  • I'm giving it an 8 because it could use a few more attachment points (no where on the front for my fixed blade)
  • You can unzip the front and leave the bottom buckle buckled if your a little too warm
  • My knife does seem to mount nicely on the adjustment straps on the side of the pfd under either arm.
All in all, a solid PFD that keeps me floating without being stuck around my chest.

Vasa, Inc.: