Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Tribe 9.5 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tribe 9.5 Kayak by Perception

Tribe 9.5 Kayak by Perception

Length: 9' 5" - Width: 31.25" - Starting at: $449.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Perception Logo

07-25-2013

I just recently used the Tribe 9.5 on a short trip down the canal. This boat is very stable and tracks well for a little boat. It is perfect for still to slow moving water. I would have given a 10 but I think the 11ft model would be a better fit for me.

06-30-2011
Submitted by: Joe WSend Email

Bought this kayak Sunday and took it out today. I was really impressed overall with this boat. For a 9.5 ft kayak it paddles really well and turns on a dime, due to it's length. I had a hard time deciding between the 11.5 and the 9.5 but most of the time I am loading into J hooks myself, therefore the 9.5 won out. Paddled this out in Wells Harbor at the peak of high tide and 1 1/2 hours after high tide. In the harbor this impressed me as much as my Wilderness Pamlico 100. I have also paddled the harbor from an Otter and an OC Frenzy. This blows away the Frenzy in comfort, speed, and there is minimal bow slap compared to a Frenzy as well.

I think this is a good SOT for the length and can't wait to paddle again and hope for a few swells to see how it handles them.

07-21-2010
Submitted by: OldFatManSend Email

My first outing with the new 9.5 proved it to be just right for a marsh rat who sometimes has to cross larger bodies of water. It is maneuverable but held the line better than my other short yaks. It tracks well but not fantastic. It turns and back paddles very nicely. The waves were small this day but the wind was not small. It seemed to handle the wind without any weathercocking at all. First impression is that it is just right. My other short yaks were like paddling a beach ball in the wind. This one behaved well.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!