Product Reviews > Accessories > Salamander Guide throw-bag / tow rope Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Salamander Guide throw-bag / tow rope

Salamander Paddle Gear Logo
See Products from Salamander Paddle Gear in the Buyers' Guide!
Salamander Paddle Gear in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Rescue / Throw Bags
  • Helmet Visors
  • Tow Lines

07-21-2010

I've been wearing a Salamander Guide combination throwbag-tow rope for about 5 years now. I use it to catch and tow runaway boats in moving water rescue.

I really don't use the throw rope side of the rig, I carry a dedicated throw rope too. But it's nice to know that I always have an extra throw bag/rope with me at all times. Plus, when I get out of the boat and scout, or whatever, it's always there.

I'm giving it a 9 out of 10 instead of a 10 because it's geared toward kayakers. The tow rope side is really too short for longer canoe tows. But you can easily remedy that by removing the knot and taking some of the rope from the throw bag side and shifting it over to the tow side. I wish the tow side storage area was a little larger to accommodate the extra rope I've moved over there. It makes it just a little harder to stuff, but it's not a big deal.

Great product overall. If I lost it, I'd buy another.