Product Reviews > Accessories > Swiss Cargo 3-in-1 Kayak carrier rack Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Swiss Cargo 3-in-1 Kayak carrier rack

Rated: 6.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

07-15-2014
Submitted by: rlwSend Email

Functionally excellent. Kayaks are Very secure when mounted exactly as described. 2 straps missing from box. 1 month after mounting to car and leaving them outside in the rain and getting them wet from kayaks, they have rusted beyond belief. Hardware screws and nuts rusted and cannot be replaced with stainless. The are very special size. But not only did they rust, but the entire metal tubing is rusting from the inside where water collects and then rusted water drips onto the car.

So close to being a great product. It's just a matter of a few more weeks and they will be useless... $150 in the trash

08-19-2013
Submitted by: CHSSend Email

Rack performed well til the fasteners rusted solid and the rack became totally inoperable. We ocean kayak and i am sure the salt doesn't help. Am looking now to see if I can replace the hardware. Good if you keep everything lubricated or swap out the fasteners with SS screws. Probably would not buy another.

07-19-2010

Good overall rack for the money, just couldn't see spending more on my roof rack then I paid for my boat (or in my case both my boats). I have 2 12' rec kayaks and they fit just fine in this rack. The rack is installed on both a Ford Expedition and a Mercury Mariner.

Boats were held secure with just the straps over the boat and did not have a need for the bow or stern strap.