Product Reviews > Accessories > Carlisle Magic II kayak paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Carlisle Magic II kayak paddle

Rated: 5.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

06-06-2011
Submitted by: NugentSend Email

This paddle will get the job done. However, after breaking two of these in two trips at the center connector piece, I contacted Carlisle to buy two replacement connector pieces. They said they couldn't sell me any paddle components. I guess its too hard to import those from China by themselves ;) So much for customer service. Two weeks ago I would have give this paddle a 10. However after such a cold response from Carlisle, I want everyone to know they don't care about their lifelong customers. They just want to sell you a new replacement paddle. I got my paddles fixed using a piece of metal tubing that fill snug into both shafts. Way stronger than the piece of crap plastic piece anyway.

08-12-2010
Submitted by: thomas9070Send Email

I bought one of these paddles at Bass Pro, took it out one time and the blade fell off, sinking to the bottom of the Erie Canal. I took it back and Bass Pro gave me a replacement. About a week later, both blades came off. this time I was able to retrieve them and have since re-glued and screwed the blades back on to the oar. Just be aware that you may need to make this adjustment if you buy one of these Carlisle paddles.

06-11-2010
Submitted by: Nick O.Send Email

I have had this paddle for about 6 years now and have had great luck with it so far. It has stayed very tight and sturdy the whole time. Its a little bit heavy, but for the price I wasn't expecting it to be a featherweight. I got the version with the wrapped fiberglass handle and poly blades in a 230cm and it is great for rec touring

Lasso Security Cables: