Product Reviews > Canoes > Indian River Canoes > Arrowhead Solo 14 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Arrowhead Solo 14 Canoe by Indian River Canoes

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

06-10-2010

I needed a Solo boat for tripping/fishing on lakes and slow rivers, and I would love to own an slim ultralight, but I'm a big guy (6'2", #240) and need a little more stability and capacity, and its got plenty of room for an extended trip... all your gear and the pup. This hull is for the 14 Arrowhead tandem model and in standard trim is 35" wide at the top and bottom...a little wider than most Solo boats yes, but it was narrowed to 31" at the top and fitted with one seat and foot braces...she weighs 50#. It works well for me with a 240cm Kayak paddle (and my recently purchased Bending Branches 'Impression Solo' 280cm.); It moves well and tracks beautifully, but is not at its best on twisty creeks. For me and my needs its a good fit, and for the price a very nice boat indeed. In Kevlar with a little rocker, it would be a 10.