Product Reviews > Kayaks > Future Beach > Vector 124 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Vector 124 Kayak by Future Beach

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Vector 124 Kayak by Future Beach

Length: 10' 4" - Width: 30.25" - Starting at: $599.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Future Beach Logo

09-10-2014
Submitted by: LuisSend Email

I bought this kayak over the weekend and took it out and found it extremely light. I was able to secure it on my SUV by myself. The kayak was extremely stable as I went close to the Potomac and had no issues. The seat cushions were comfortable and i found the knee cushion to be extra plus. The only drawback is that when i was moving the drywell cover it broke off from the rope. Otherwise it would have gotten a 10.

07-20-2014

I purchased the fishing version of this kayak for my husband at a discount store. After doing the research, It seemed like a great kayak for him. Their website said it was an almost $700 kayak, but it is only worth about what we paid for it at the discount store, which was $349. However, this kayak lives up to expectations. The fishing version has two rod holders behind the seat, a sealed stern well (which, when you're in the kayak, seems kind of hard to get to).

This kayak has all the normal and basic kayak features. The cockpit is not overly large, but seems about average. However, the seat is the most unappealing feature. It is ridiculously uncomfortable. I am going to have to buy a pad or use a pillow next time. It does not have a paddle holder, which seems weird on a fishing kayak. However, they are inexpensive and easy to acquire.

This kayak weighs around 48 lbs., about average for this size kayak. It felt very extremely stable on the water, and has channels or "gooves" in the bottom that help with tracking. Great for beginners.

For the price I paid and where I bought it, I figured this would be a crappy kayak. It is not, and I would recommend this (and a seat pad) to anyone who is new to kayaking and wants to start cheap.

09-02-2011
Submitted by: LeaningjSend Email

This is the first kayak that i have owned. It is a great beginner kayak. It tracks very straight, and it is very stable. You have to try to flip it to flip it. I've leaned so far that water started to pour in and still didn't flip. I've taken it out on rivers lakes and even hit 2.5 ft. rollers in Lake Huron. This thing is rugged made w/ thick plastic. It felt much sturdier for kayaks in it's price range. The only draw back is w/ stability is you lose speed. But if you're a beginner this is great a kayak.

06-15-2011
Submitted by: Robin and AnnSend Email

We have used kayaks that would only go in circles and this one really tracks nice. It is easy for me to load by myself on the station wagon rack. I bought it for a birthday gift for my daughter but it looks like we will need another one!

01-17-2011

I bought one of these in Sept. 2010 and used if for 3 short trips, down some Class 3 and 2 rapids and one day on a small lake. For me being a beginner, I thought I did really good with it in the rapids. It is very stable and easy to maneuver. I would recommend it for any beginning recreational user.

06-02-2010

My wife and I purchased 2 of these to use for recreational paddling and fishing from. We launched them for the first time at a local state park. I found them extremely stable, easy to maneuver, tracked pretty straight. The water tight rear compartment was handy for towels and such and the wide cockpit provided enough room for a small cooler of soda between my feet.

We are beginner paddlers, and had no problems with this kayak. If you are looking for a purely recreational boat that is stable and wide, give this one a try. The only drawback is they are a bit heavier at about 45#