Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception Sport > Patriot 12.0 Angler Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Patriot 12.0 Angler Kayak by Perception Sport

09-05-2014

After trying a number of friends kayaks, I decided on Perception Sport Angler. It is very stable, it has plenty of storage area, both inside and in the back outside storage compartment. I have added an anchor system, which really helps in fishing when there is any type of wind. Because of the design of the width, I would recommend this kayak to anyone just getting into kayaking.

07-31-2014
Submitted by: RJTSend Email

Same as other comments... easy to get in/tracks nice But cannot access storage while in kayak. Unfortunately that is where I store my skirt and if it gets rough it is not accessible. Still great on Lake Superior.

08-03-2013
Submitted by: DarrellSend Email

Very good fishing boat very easy to fish out of seat is good needs more padding added cushions now can fish for hour rod holder to far forward I'm short armed I'm big guy larger cockpit easy to get in and out I use to Muskie fish nice to have all the room not tippy at all when fighting big fish tracks very good and nice rod holders easy to reach
All in all very good sit inside fish kayak

08-13-2012
Submitted by: Ann from KYSend Email

I bought this kayak for my husband, who is a big guy at 325 lbs. It is a nice kayak! He can get in and out of it since the opening is large. It is the angler model, which means it has a Scotty rod holder, 2 places to hold a rod behind the seat and comes with an anchor.

I gave it a 9 because the cover to the hatch in the back is kinda hard to get off and on. No way could you get in and out of it in the water. I kayaked in it tonight, and I love it! I thought the seat was comfortable. It seemed to go much faster than my regular kayak. Tracked good. From my research the kayak is rated for 400 lbs. That was a big factor in choosing this kayak. It has "ribs" along the bottom of the kayak which I think helps it go faster. It is also very stable and doesn't feel "tippy" at all. Great kayak and I'm glad we got it.

05-17-2010

Nice boat satisfied with performance until the 2 seat posts that hold the front of the seat broke. Perception did not want to follow there published warranty even after they agreed it was a warrant-able issue lots of calls 3 weeks and a lot of help from the manager at the local Gander Mountain store and they finally replaced under warranty

11-28-2009

After weeks of research, I purchased a Perception Patriot Angler from Gander Mountain. I am 6'1" and 220, so the large cockpit was a big selling point along with the leg room. On the first outing on a slightly windy day on an area lake, I found the yak to be very stable, easy to paddle, and very easy on the long legs. I could even slip my legs out and lay them on top with no problem.Tracking was good. I did not get wet in spite of the large cockpit. Foot braces were easily adjusted from the seat. The rear bulkhead did not leak, but I have not gotten any water in the cockpit,yet. The dual-density hatch cover looks like it will not ever sag in the middle over time like some that are completely made of rubber. The seat was definitely not a fancy one, but was comfortable enough. (Some have warned about the seat breaking, so I will be adding some reinforcing foam backing as a preventative measure.)

This one came with three rod holders, an anchor, a cleat, and a Harmony cockpit deck with small tackle box. I like this yak as well as some more expensive ones that I have paddled. We will see if that changes after the next long trip!