Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Mr. Clean Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Mr. Clean Kayak by Perception

Rated: 9.64/10 Based On: 11 Reviews

06-08-2006
Submitted by: AshleySend Email

Being young (just 15), weighing around 135-145lbs and being 5ft 8 with size 10 feet this boat is just perfect. It's nice on flat water and it's nice in upto grade 4 white water but nothing about this boat compares to how well it surfs. I take it to the sea at every opportunity I get. Other great things are the adjustable perception seat with adjustable crotch pad + the thigh braces and foot pegs. Pity the thigh braces aren't adjustable but they're fine where they are at the moment. All I needed to do was adjust my seat and I was away. A1 boat!

05-22-2006
Submitted by: samSend Email

i got my mr. clean a month ago i have been paddleling for about 6 months and no boat has been as good as the clean. i am 6ft1 and weigh 222lbs im low down in the water but it handles like a dream easy to get the ends up and a dream to roll i coundnt have bought a nicer boat

09-06-2005
Submitted by: jason ukSend Email

I recently purchased a fluid flirt large. I am around 230lb (16.5st) and 6ft 2" itís great for big blokes. I can swap end and nearly loop. I have been paddling for 1 year now. 1 excellent piece of kit.

08-01-2002
Submitted by: MWoodsSend Email

I bought my Mr. Clean off ebay about a month ago. I'm 210 lbs and 6' tall and the Mr. clean fits great. My only problem is my size 13 feet that have a slight problem fitting without a bit of pinch. The foam footrests where a god send and allowed me to shave them to add comfort. The thigh braces are comfortable even though i'm an ex-football player with big thighs. The thigh braces aren't ajustable wich is one thing i would change but that would be it. I am a first time WW kayaker and the Mr. Clean allows me to pull off stunts that make my friends jelous. If you are a big paddler 190-215 lbs dont go for the larger version the Ultra Clean you wont need it and because you are at the top of the weight limit for the boat you will be able to throw it around with your weight. You really feel like the boat is riding you and not the other way around. The seat and back rest are A+ and much more comforatable than dagger or wave sport (sorry loyalists) perception seats and back rests are just better. I wouldn't take the Mr. Clean past class 4 though because it is a hybrid of play and creek boat that leans towards play. For really big water your need more displacement or you will get owned by big holes and almost die like me :). Great boat for beginners even though perception says its for inter-advace. The 9 rating is for non adjustable thigh braces and low bow celling for larger feet. But those 2 complaints only apply to larger paddlers.

09-13-2001
Submitted by: RPBSend Email

Mr. Clean is stable and tracks moderately well. It is a great ender boat, but I think it tends to ender out when you would like to surf more.

09-10-2000
Submitted by: John-oSend Email

This boat ROCKS. Being a large paddler(6'1"225#)it fits nice. I spent 3 hours swaping ends and surfing and could still feel my feet. Well worth the money.

11-03-1999
Submitted by: Josh

I just recently purchased the Mr. Clean. The first time I paddled the boat I fell in love. The low volume ends make cartwheels and rock spins a sinch. I can throw ends in this boat like a pro. Perception truly knows when it comes to whitewater.

08-01-1999
Submitted by: SamSend Email

I have been paddling for a month now. I recently purchased a Mr. Clean after using one on rivers for 2 weeks. It is a great boat. Even though I have only been paddling a month, I still feel as if I have accomplished everything I dreamed of. I only weigh 140 pounds, and throwing ends is as easy as it could ever be in such a capable, extremely beautiful piece of plastic. I have fallen in love.

06-27-1999
Submitted by: DanSend Email

The Mr Clean is way rad. My first boat was a New Wave Sleek that I bought about 10 months ago. I got the Clean four weeks ago and it blew my freakin' mind! I am already throwing up to 10 ends in flat water and am making full uses of the loose hull on waves. This boat was a really radical departure for me and was dificult to paddle initialy. Even though it was well worth the effort.

06-27-1999
Submitted by: BillSend Email

I bought a Loon 138 single. I float mostly rivers, specificly, The New and James, in Virginia. There are mostly class II with one class III rapid in the sections I float. I upgraded from a Swiftee to the Loon. I am extremly pleased. The Loon is very stable through the rapids, and very manuverable. I use it as a fishing platform. I love the storage, since I somtimes camp along the river. I do agree that the aft hatch should come with the boat.

03-29-1999
Submitted by: H.R. HallSend Email

I really liked this kayak! I went out and bought me a Dagger Medieval, only because I liked it slightly better and I am a Dagger loyalist. I come from a Creeking background of three years and really have come to appreciate the new designs coming out. Mr. Clean is super on flatwater and incredible on white. I am 205lbs., and six feet, the kayak sets low in the water and is easy to initiate the ends. I got my first flatwater cartwheel in this kayak, without adding water to the inside! No Problem at all, easy as pie! The only thing I did not like was the looks of the kayak, and the tight feet feeling in the bow. Other than that, this is a great playboat. Easy to look good in this kayak, it spins on demand. I am not even a playboater yet, and I like it.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!