Product Reviews > Kayaks > Liquidlogic Kayaks > Coupe 10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Coupe 10 Kayak by Liquidlogic Kayaks

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

09-11-2013
Submitted by: mbquimbySend Email

I bought this kayak hoping for something that would be as much at home in the waves of the Gulf of Mexico and the rapids the Cahaba River as it is the flat water of my local lakes/ponds.

The short answer is: It is and more.
The longer answer is : It is stable, comfortable, relatively light, durable, mobile when the skeg is up, straight as an arrow when the skeg is down, easy to load/transport and most of all- plain old fun. That IS the point, right?

07-31-2013

Recently I decided to add a sit-on-top kayak to my growing collection. I purchased the Liquidlogic Coupe because I wanted the capability of use for lakes and use for rivers including some whitewater. I have a sit-in touring kayak and recreational kayak already. I am comparing the Coupe to my other kayaks.

The Coupe is a very comfortable kayak to sit in for hours. I love the seat. Cushy. I love that I can add thigh braces for whitewater. It is great having a cubby hole in reach, too. And the wheel! LOVE IT!

This is a fairly heavy kayak compared to what I already own. I really like the wheel on the kayak. I can easily get it to the water. I use the boatloader by Yakima on my SUV and let the wheel end rest on the bar while I load it. So the wheel helps here in that the kayak doesn't slip while loading it.

The kayak has a drop down skeg that really works well on the lakes. I find it handy that I can pull it up or let it down at anytime. It really does make a difference having it down to paddle straight. And just pull it up and you can turn fairly quickly. I haven't tried it on whitewater yet. Currently I really don't want to get that many scratches since it is still new. Maybe later.

All in all, I am glad I purchased this kayak. I think the price is reasonable. The kayak has a lot of great features. And really compared to most sit-on-tops the weight is on the light end. I really like this kayak for the summer. I can drench myself with splashing water and it just drains out.
I would recommend this kayak as a great cross-over kayak for lakes as well as rivers.

07-11-2012

Rode the Coupe before buying yesterday,and found things I did not like. Water came in and stayed under the seat. All but impossible to mount on car with just person due to the yak not having a side handles. There is a cut out kind of thing that does not work for a man or woman. Not as stable as my Tarpon 100. I would not recommend to a friend

04-02-2012

I bought the LL coupe last fall and finally got to take it out recently. This is my first SOT kayak, I usually paddle a canoe and needed something smaller and lighter that I could paddle anywhere and the Coupe fits the bill. My only gripe is that it IS a soggy ride. Water has a tendency to come in through the scupper holes in rough water. I simply got some hard foam balls and plugged up the front holes...problem solved.

It has decent primary stability and great secondary stability as it takes waves and rapids with ease and I never feel it will tip. This thing is all over the place without the skeg though, although I can see how it would help in whitewater. I use this thing for fishing and it is much easier to get around in than my canoe. The Coupe is a great all around kayak that can do just about anything you want to do on the water and it won't break the bank.

07-12-2011
Submitted by: Jeff PSend Email

I bought the Liquid Logic Coupe because I wanted a cross-over kayak I could use in flat water, light rapids, and the ocean surf. As a comparison, I also have an Ocean Kayak Frenzy. They both perform quite well for all three categories listed above. The Frenzy is actually a bit better for beginners in ocean surf because the hull design allows for the kayak to stay on course easier than the coupe when surfing down waves. The Coupe has the advantage once you get some skills under your belt. The Coupe will out-perform the Frenzy in whitewater situations and will carry more. I enjoy both kayaks.

One issue with the Coupe in ocean waves is that mine takes on a lot of water. I always need to lift it up and drain out the water from the plug after I use it. The Frenzy didn't take on nearly as much water. I think water is getting in the boat from the hatches. The next time I take it to the ocean, I might use some plastic wrap and rubber bands to supplement the hatch covers.

I like the integrated wheel on the Coupe. It comes in handy when I need to move the kayak over hard ground. Over sand, though, I drag it from the back. It's a good cross-over boat.

02-01-2010

Just paddled my new Coupe and love it! The Coupe is like having two boats for the price of one! First, this boat can paddle everything very well. It's a very stable boat suitable for beginners on lakes and bays... flatwater. It has a skeg that can be controlled easy. The skeg increases tracking on the flats. But, raise the skeg and now you have a boat that turns a lot easier...key to when you take it on rivers with eddies. After paddling the coupe on the lake and the River, I sold my Pelican. The Coupe just paddles better on both flat and moving water. It's so stable I could stand up in flat water... really! For the money I think you get two boats... one for rivers, because it turns, can ferry, goes through waves pretty good. With the Coupes skeg down it goes straight easily with little effort. There just isn't a boat to compare to the Coupe. I saw a video on the Liquid Logic Site of a guy rolling it at a pool session....going to try that!

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports